• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
what is the typical dress for a swearing in; Is it slacks and a button down or jeans polo and loafers? Don't want to be out of place when the commander comes in

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
what is the typical dress for a swearing in; Is it slacks and a button down or jeans polo and loafers? Don't want to be out of place when the commander comes in
I'd go with the former, and maybe even a tie as well. Some people go with a full suit, especially if the family's there to watch. I just did it be myself, and went with slacks and a long-sleeve button down, plus a peacoat (it was upstate New York in the winter).

exNavyOffRec

I would ask your recruiter as to what is protocal at your NRD/location, mine was slacks and collared shirt, but I was at HQ, I do know some OR's in the field would tell guys to show up in whatever.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
I plan on dressing up just didn't know if it was a general faux pas, which then I wouldn't. Appreciate the feed back.

cb812

SNA
I did not even know that I was going to be sworn in... I was told to come in and sign a few papers. After that was done, my OR was like "ok, you ready to swear in?" I was in a tee, shorts, and gym shoes. It was pretty causal with just me, two OR's, and my processor taking pics on my phone. YMMV

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
It was the same with my NFO app, he was in a quicksilver shirt and shorts. He'll have plenty of photo opportunities later on in his career.