• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

exNavyOffRec

Can someone go over how the board works i.e. a group of officers meet and go through each application and then rank them?

Easy, one word "darts"

seriously, each group of boards will look at different things, I have had insight on different designators from actual board members, since you are looking at SNA and SNFO NOPO should be able to give the best info considering how they have been taking many right now.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Does anyone know if they take into account that I will have begun a graduate program and only completed 1 or 2 classes?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Looking at your stats, I say chances are slim to none getting selected. If you've been skimming around the IDC threads, most folks who've been getting selected for OCS are either former/current enlisted. For those without a military background, only a select few get picked up and many of those folks have advanced degrees such as JDs or PhD. I think there's two folks on here who have a JD and a PhD in math respectively get selected. Not discouraging you from applying, but just telling it like it is.

Halstead

Looking at your stats, I say chances are slim to none getting selected. If you've been skimming around the IDC threads, most folks who've been getting selected for OCS are either former/current enlisted. For those without a military background, only a select few get picked up and many of those folks have advanced degrees such as JDs or PhD. I think there's two folks on here who have a JD and a PhD in math respectively get selected. Not discouraging you from applying, but just telling it like it is.
" you said this is for me"??

Sorry...but I'm NOT BUYING IT!!
IAM A GREAT CANDIDATE WITH ALOT OF EXPERIENCE TO BRING TO THE TABLE!!!
FURTHER....
MY FATHER DESIGNS YOUR MISSLES!!!

Halstead

Actually....ODS rsther than OCS pick up the J.D.'s & Ph.D.'s, while OCS pick up the 4 year degrees.

exNavyOffRec

Actually....ODS rsther than OCS pick up the J.D.'s & Ph.D.'s, while OCS pick up the 4 year degrees.

actually no, how a person gets sent to OCS or ODS is not by the degree but by the designator, a person that has a BSN will go to ODS if they are picked up to be a nurse, but a person that has a MD but is picked up to go Intel will go to OCS.

Halstead

Also....
OCS prepare you to "go into" the Navy, I think the generalizations are coming from with the "narrow" thinking is that when Chiefs want to apply for OCS, then perhaps that's when the officers look at "prior military history"!

Please DO NOY BE misinformed, nor discouraged by "Rufio the Recruiter"
sometimes recruiters are not FORTHCOMING, nor care about your application package success!

which in my opinion is a disservice!

Last edited:

Halstead

actually no, how a person gets sent to OCS or ODS is not by the degree but by the designator, a person that has a BSN will go to ODS if they are picked up to be a nurse, but a person that has a MD but is picked up to go Intel will go to OCS.
Right..if a Dr. wanted Intel....highly unlikely

exNavyOffRec

Right..if a Dr. wanted Intel....highly unlikely

sure, but if he wanted to then he would be going to OCS

RUFi0181 is just telling you like it is, selection rates for Intel are very low, for people that just have a non technical Bachelor's it is even lower, it really isn't surprising since Intel has few spots open each year but they have the highest age limit, so you get people who have aged out for other programs applying for what they can.