• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 09 NOV 20

zarevich

MM1 here as also, good looking stats. Where is your degree from? Maybe I missed it, but what was your OAR?
Got it at ECPI here in Virginia Beach, they had the best schedule for in-person classes. Not a fan of taking classes online. When I took the ASTB for STA-21 Pilot program 4 years ago I got 49 6/5/6 and for Intel, waiver is required 45-50.

darths

Do you guys think im competitive?
OAR: 51
GPA: 2.78 in Biomedical Sciences BS
Applying for SWO

Last edited:

zarevich

Applying for SWO
Your GPA will definitely bring you down, but it also depends on your degree and how well you can explain in your personal statement why you got that GPA. Also depends on the rest of your package, appraisals, and recommendations. This is my first time applying but this is what I kearned so far from other applicants.

exNavyOffRec

Applying for SWO
Good degree, it will really depend on what the selection rate is, this board should give a decent idea of the next one, the more competitive the less chance you have with a sub 3 GPA, your plus is that tech degree.

exNavyOffRec

For those of you with low GPAs who are serious about being an Officer I can't recommend enough to get a Graduate degree.

I had a 2.35 undergrad with a 3.91 Masters GPA and I was selected for IP.

Just my 2 cents.

Don't forget that what you also have that most don't is that you are in a IWC rate, that has been the wildcard for the IWC board for years. Getting a post grad degree is always a plus when you get a high GPA.

Joselo_0084

It's mind blowing, I ask about my waiver, which was submitted on March, and how long it should take to get a response? And the response I get is, they can't give me anything because they are not the approving authority, and that the sooner I get them the package the faster will get the response. I guess six months is not soon enough, I should have used First Class Mail.

zarevich

It's mind blowing, I ask about my waiver, which was submitted on March, and how long it should take to get a response? And the response I get is, they can't give me anything because they are not the approving authority, and that the sooner I get them the package the faster will get the response. I guess six months is not soon enough, I should have used First Class Mail.
Who did you ask or sent to for your waiver? I emailed Intel community officer for my OAR Waiver and was told to email ocsquestions@ for the process. Will let you know what they tell me hopefully tomorrow.

Joselo_0084

Who did you ask or sent to for your waiver? I emailed Intel community officer for my OAR Waiver and was told to email ocsquestions@ for the process. Will let you know what they tell me hopefully tomorrow.
I put an OAR waiver for CRYPTO before, but IWC community didn't approve it. What CNRC told me, is that the CRYPTO community might allow waivers, but it has to go through the IWC community who don't do waivers. But if your OAR is above 45, then it might get through the IWC community and approved.

zarevich

I put an OAR waiver for CRYPTO before, but IWC community didn't approve it. What CNRC told me, is that the CRYPTO community might allow waivers, but it has to go through the IWC community who don't do waivers. But if your OAR is above 45, then it might get through the IWC community and approved.
Yeah I’m at 49, fingers crossed!

I’m curious why you didn’t scan your package and send it?

Hey all! So I'm new to AirWarriors (although I've lurked a few times). I applied to SWO and submitted my package a week or two ago. My recruiter just got back to me and said they prescreened my application and said I was not competitive enough due to my degree. (For context, my degree is Communication Arts, BFA). Has this happened to anyone? I was slightly blindsided by this since I was not informed they do this type of screening. I've read prior to this that people with non-stem degrees could become SWO. And my recruiter up until this point said my package looked good and I had a good chance of being picked. I'm a bit devastated because that was my main shot to becoming an officer at this time, and I dropped my enlisted contract which I seemingly cannot get back.

My Stats:
GPA: 3.28
Degree: Communication Arts (BFA)
OAR: 50