• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 09 NOV 20

Lholt010

If you’re not 33 or older, you meet the age requirements and no waiver is needed. A waiver can be granted for up to 35 for prior service (however that’s not guaranteed).

Lholt010

For SWO if you're prior service the age limit is you have to commissioned by your 32nd birthday. Does this mean if you're between 29-31 with prior service when you commission you automatically meet the age requirements. Or do you still need an actual age waiver because your over the 29 age limit?
If you’re not 33 or older, you meet the age requirements and no waiver is needed. A waiver can be granted for up to 35 for prior service (however that’s not guaranteed).

All applicants must be at least 19 and not have past their 32nd birthday at the time of commissioning. If you are applying and you will turn 32 at anytime during the application process, before/during OCS you will need a waiver. If you are 35 and older your waiver will fwd to BUPERS-3.
Example: I am active duty, I was 34 when I applied, I am 35 now, my waiver went to BUPERS 3 and was approved.

FreshyyP

I got into a little "mini debate" with my recruiter about this today. I'm currently 28 i'll be 29 in October. I may be submitting for this board depending on the results of the current aviation board. My recruiter gonna tell me i may need an age waiver because i'll be 29 when i go to OCS. I told him i'm prior service so the age cap is 32. He still saying i may need a waiver lol. he's an ok recruiter and I like him but I know what the hell im talking about. I don't need no damn age waiver for SWO when i'm 29 with prior service lol.

n0rthstar

If I recall correctly, the age cap used to be 29 until the most recent PA update. It's entirely possible your recruiter is just operating on old information. Either way, I believe you're right.

exNavyOffRec

I got into a little "mini debate" with my recruiter about this today. I'm currently 28 i'll be 29 in October. I may be submitting for this board depending on the results of the current aviation board. My recruiter gonna tell me i may need an age waiver because i'll be 29 when i go to OCS. I told him i'm prior service so the age cap is 32. He still saying i may need a waiver lol. he's an ok recruiter and I like him but I know what the hell im talking about. I don't need no damn age waiver for SWO when i'm 29 with prior service lol.
It is still considered a "waiver", they need to verify you have the proper amount of prior service, for prior service is it essentially just plug in the numbers and you are good.

almond_615

Freshy, you are correct. I'm 30 with 12 years prior service and did not need any waivers to apply for SWO.

Joselo_0084

For SWO if you're prior service the age limit is you have to commissioned by your 32nd birthday. Does this mean if you're between 29-31 with prior service when you commission you automatically meet the age requirements. Or do you still need an actual age waiver because your over the 29 age limit?
Yes, you need age waiver. I'm 36 and still waiting for approval since March. My waiver goes to OPNAV.

jlee199

Recruiter told me that if I don’t make the 17AUG20 board that I should be able to apply for this board. Hopefully won’t come to it tho

Juanr934

Recruiter confirmed I'll be on this board. Didn't get selected in FEB.

GPA: MS Exercise Physiology : 3.41
BS Athletic Medicine : 3.28

OAR: 49

Sweetwa089

My package has been submitted to this SWO board. I am currently working ( 3 classes in) on my Master in Nuclear Engineering and completed my bachelors in Nuclear Engineering Techonology. Since I submitted both transcripts, what GPA will they look ( the masters degree I am currently working on or my completed degree?

almond_615

So, I realize I should not have said everyone. But the information from a couple of users telling the 29 yo applicant that he needed a waiver was false. So I linked the PA to show why it was false. Your comment was absolutely correct though.