• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

m26

Contributor
Which reminds me: 3-day liberty @ OCS = Boston in summer whites. Do it.

What do you do, exactly? Put on your whites, drive to Boston, check into a hotel, and go out on the town in uniform?? How does that work?

red_ryder

None
Yeah, pretty much!

As for running, you can definitely be slow and move up. I started out towards the back of the medium group and later I moved up to the fast group (because you can).

It DEFINITELY pays dividends on your speed on the out-pfa. More importantly, in your fitness I guess. Just a little lifestyle advice, try to keep up that push-yourself attitude after OCS and don't let it drop.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
one word of advice about going to Boston in your summer whites...

at the bar/club BEWARE the women who seem all interested and chase off all the other women all night only to disappear at the end of the night when their boyfriends show up. not cool at all. and yea, watch the cover as it'll disappear faster than you can blink and no that is not an exaggeration.

m26

Contributor
at the bar/club BEWARE the women who seem all interested and chase off all the other women all night only to disappear at the end of the night when their boyfriends show up. not cool at all.

How do you tell the difference? Other than a ring...

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None

at the bar/club BEWARE the women who seem all interested and chase off all the other women all night only to disappear at the end of the night when their boyfriends show up. not cool at all. and yea, watch the cover as it'll disappear faster than you can blink and no that is not an exaggeration.

Lesson: leave with them before the end of the night or before their boyfriends show up. Next time I guess they'll get there earlier.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

No offense, but maybe you just suck. ;)

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor

Yeah, sounds like you just can't close the deal. And if you can't close that deal, you must have negative game. Because I wasn't even trying to get in on a deal (I was engaged at the time) and the girls were the ones trying to close the deal. Your one of those guys who should do their first tour in Japan, me thinks.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Yeah, sounds like you just can't close the deal. And if you can't close that deal, you must have negative game. Because I wasn't even trying to get in on a deal (I was engaged at the time) and the girls were the ones trying to close the deal. Your one of those guys who should do their first tour in Japan, me thinks.
Whoa...lay off the guy. I was there that night as well...we ran into 3 ladies and found out pretty quickly that they had boyfriends. No biggie, no need to play homewrecker...but everytime we paid the slightest attention to another girl at the club (often after said girl sought us out), they'd find some obnoxious way to interject.

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
Back to the running question, RE: Final Select. My OR said I had to run a good-medium for a FS, though right now I'm running a good-low. Sit-ups are in the excellent range (if I actually work on it I can max out), and pushups are maxed out. I'm still working on my run to be better at OCS, but basically if I run a good low come PRT time will I still be good for that final select?

Second question, re: Liberty. How far is one allowed to go off base? My guess is I'll stick around and spend the time with my classmates, but I'm from the northeast, so home isn't far away, but it's definitely farther than Boston. Let's just say the idea of going to Fenway to root for the home team makes my skin crawl . . . .

btdunn

Things to Bring-Socks and Underwear

Underwear-Does the color/cut of the underwear you bring with you to OCS matter, clearly some non-attention grabbing solid color (grey, black, navy) would be ideal, but does it have to be white? Also, briefs are listed....can that be "flex" to boxer briefs?

Socks-I haven't worn cotton socks in 5 years, Smartwool is the S**t, the OCS sheet lists "White Crew Socks", would any one get bent out of shape if they had small writing/other color(grey) parts on the like toe and bottom?

This may seem trivial, but as this is the stupid questions thread and someone here has to use high performance socks and underwear and should understand the concern.

nugget61

pilot
Sorry, about the running Q I posted - say I ran a 12 min PRT and they put me in the slow group. Will they expect that group to run at a 8 min/mile pace for 3-4 miles or do they slow up the longer the run?