• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Godspeed said:
But if you do lie (about purchasing pop-tarts from the illegal GEDUNK machine at 0 dark 30, for example), STICK WITH IT AND MAINTAIN YOUR INNOCENCE :icon_wink.
From another thread...

This is probably something I would learn very quickly at OCS, but I'll ask anyway just so I know... in all seriousness, is it better to just man up and say you ate the stuff? Cause I remember reading that you can get attrited for a lie at OCS. Even if it means your whole class will get beat or whatever...

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
From another thread...

This is probably something I would learn very quickly at OCS, but I'll ask anyway just so I know... in all seriousness, is it better to just man up and say you ate the stuff? Cause I remember reading that you can get attrited for a lie at OCS. Even if it means your whole class will get beat or whatever...
Don't eat stuff that you aren't allowed to. Simple.
You'll know what that is when you get there. Take full advantage of everything that is allowed, but be a man and play the game for 12 weeks and then eat all the damn Cheetos you want. They aren't going to starve you so just suck it up.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Also, don't go and binge when you get out of OCS. A lot of guys get in great shape at OCS only to become all "fat and nasty" as my DI would say.

Your first liberty you WILL binge, everyone does it, but try to keep a good fitness routine and a balanced diet when you get commissioned.

kat27

Does anyone know the current female hair cut requirement at OCS? Are they still cutting it really short or is it chin length. I'm reporting on Sunday and wasn't sure if I should bring hair ties and bobby pins. Thanks for your help.
Kat

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
Also, don't go and binge when you get out of OCS. A lot of guys get in great shape at OCS only to become all "fat and nasty" as my DI would say.

Your first liberty you WILL binge, everyone does it, but try to keep a good fitness routine and a balanced diet when you get commissioned.

i will never forget the DI led run the first day back from liberty, 2.2 miles on an incredible hangover. worst run ever, i will never forget it.

nugget61

pilot
The longer the runs, do they slow the pace any? Or do they expect you to hold your PRT pace for 3+ miles? (I'm training at 2-3 miles a go now, dunno how far I should extend that to)

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
For the regular morning runs, they break you down into slow, medium, and fast groups depending on your PRT time. The runs where everyone sticks together are very very slow.

blarged

ready
For the regular morning runs, they break you down into slow, medium, and fast groups depending on your PRT time. The runs where everyone sticks together are very very slow.

Interesting. Different groups based on different paces. I imagine that it isn't the nicest situation to be in the slow group?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Interesting. Different groups based on different paces. I imagine that it isn't the nicest situation to be in the slow group?

I was in the slug group and I commissioned. Jesus. What do you think? They take all the slow people and execute them en masse?

This isn't Nazi Germany.

blarged

ready
I was in the slug group and I commissioned. Jesus. What do you think? They take all the slow people and execute them en masse?

This isn't Nazi Germany.

Not quite what I had in mind ... but glad to hear that isn't the route they take :icon_wink

You just hear so much about the DIs pushing pushing pushing to have their officer candidates reach their full potential. It is somewhat a relief to hear that they do recognize everyone's potential isn't going to be a 6 minute mile.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Not quite what I had in mind ... but glad to hear that isn't the route they take :icon_wink

You just hear so much about the DIs pushing pushing pushing to have their officer candidates reach their full potential. It is somewhat a relief to hear that they do recognize everyone's potential isn't going to be a 6 minute mile.

Well usually the hard-chargers (fast group) run with the DI. Slugs tend to run with the Chief/class O. It's all about their capabilities too. I remember a certain class O ran like the fucking WIND so he ran with ALL the fastest from all classes.

Bottom line, the morning run is probably the lowest-stress portion of your entire day.... well I guess now at newport you get a hollywood chow-time too. :icon_tong

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor

This isn't Nazi Germany.

Why were you running with the slugs? Your not a disgusting fat body, at least not when I met you in P-cola. Did you lose like 10 or 75 pounds in OCS? :D

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Why were you running with the slugs? Your not a disgusting fat body, at least not when I met you in P-cola. Did you lose like 10 or 75 pounds in OCS? :D

Dude, I am the SLOOOWEST runner ever. Bad genes I guess. I literally have to put in a couple months of running before a PRT to get in the 10 minute range.

I am the fattest skinny kid I know. (Ok, well maybe not SKINNY after flight school, but average). :D

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot

i was in the turtle group and wouldn't have done it any other way even after completing. sometimes the turtle group got more attention just to make them more physically fit, but also sometimes the fast group would get even more attention to help slow them down so the turtle group can catch up.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Yep. Fast group finishes run and had to do sprints up and down the hill outside Nimitz hall until the other two groups got back. Slow group finishes run and drinks water.