• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

nugget61

pilot
I have a Nov 1st OCS date so I don't think that is the case.

Thats good to hear. And I remember seeing a 'just commissioned' thread in January (I think), so it would make sense. When did you get your FS? That date is pretty late... I was hoping to get in Oct.
Anyone know what happens to the candidates during the stand-down time?

nugget61

pilot
And a slightly related question - if you're on BDCP, will they keep paying you after you graduate till your classup? ie I graduate at the end of July, will they pay me till I get up there (say November)? Or does the money stop as soon as you get your degree?

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
And a slightly related question - if you're on BDCP, will they keep paying you after you graduate till your classup? ie I graduate at the end of July, will they pay me till I get up there (say November)? Or does the money stop as soon as you get your degree?

It jumps to E-5 IIRC... it would be such a shame if OCS was full for a few months after I graduated... :)

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
It jumps to E-5 IIRC... it would be such a shame if OCS was full for a few months after I graduated... :)

Happening to a buddy of mine who's already at E-5 for grades and referring another candidate... he gets an extra month and a half to make a full summer for himself after graduating in April

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Thats good to hear. And I remember seeing a 'just commissioned' thread in January (I think), so it would make sense. When did you get your FS? That date is pretty late... I was hoping to get in Oct.
Anyone know what happens to the candidates during the stand-down time?
I think my app had Oct 1st as my first available date when I got my FS in May, even though I asked my OR to change it, but that's a whole different story. Lately most guys have been getting mid Sept-Mid Oct OCS dates that I have seen.

nugget61

pilot
I think my app had Oct 1st as my first available date when I got my FS in May, even though I asked my OR to change it, but that's a whole different story. Lately most guys have been getting mid Sept-Mid Oct OCS dates that I have seen.

Should get my FS within 3-4 weeks, so we might be there at the same time, if not in the same class.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Should get my FS within 3-4 weeks, so we might be there at the same time, if not in the same class.
Sounds like we very well could be heading to the beautiful RI in November, just in time for sleet, snow and frostbite! Good luck on the FS and keep us posted on how it goes.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
If it gets too cold, you'll PT inside the gym.
Good to know, I would have thought they made you run in the sleet and snow all winter just to make our life a little more miserable. Guess they probably like the new officers to have all their fingers and toes.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Good to know, I would have thought they made you run in the sleet and snow all winter just to make our life a little more miserable. Guess they probably like the new officers to have all their fingers and toes.

They don't want 100 nasty officer candidates in H because they sprained their ankles running on ice.