• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid questions about Naval Aviation (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Can somebody at some point actually come up with a well thought out, intelligent question....please.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A hint for the clueless.....

helmets.jpg

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Air show flying demos, who get's tasked with those? I believe VFA-122 (West Coast Hornet RAG) was the demo team at the Milwaukee air show. Is it a set group that practices them? Instructors, not nuggets, I'd assume?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How do you get to choose what kind of helmet (design) you get as a fighter pilot?

You don't; it's squadron-specific, with the 3710 requirement that it's at least 80% covered in reflective tape. Custom painted helmets went by the wayside around 1986, along with polos under your flight suit and oversized Ray-Ban Aviators.

And once again, please G-d, quit saying 'fighter pilot'. Makes you sound like a high school kid. Naval Aviator is the preferred nomenclature, dude, please.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Air show flying demos, who get's tasked with those? I believe VFA-122 (West Coast Hornet RAG) was the demo team at the Milwaukee air show. Is it a set group that practices them? Instructors, not nuggets, I'd assume?

Some of the RAGs have flight demonstration crews (and yes, it's most definitely not students in those). For general airshow tasking, though, it's whoever's available. Sometimes the RAG, sometimes whatever Fleet squadron's home that week and has some OPTAR to burn. Good chance you'll have the opportunity to go on the road to airshows as a VT or RAG stud, and you'll get to learn firsthand about Airshow Geeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.