• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
I know one of the medical forms I filled out (the non 2 year one) expired WHILE my stuff was being routed and I had to go re-do it. The doctor laughed. I just wondered what happens to that while its sitting on someone's desk.
Likely sat in an office PII lock box until it was attended to.

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
Just a heads up, my processor just sent me an email about the SWO board. Apparently if you didn't have SWO as one of your top two options, your kit wasn't even looked at. That probably has something to do with the high acceptance %.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Just a heads up, my processor just sent me an email about the SWO board. Apparently if you didn't have SWO as one of your top two options, your kit wasn't even looked at. That probably has something to do with the high acceptance %.
Yep I know several people whose kits weren't even seen for SWO who did SNA/SNFO/SWO.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
It would be good to get out of the way sooner than later. Its good for all services if you decide the Navy is not for you or wish to enlist.

Thanks, good to know. As you know, I served in the Navy, my father did 27 years in the Navy (career recruiter) so I grew up around the Navy, my grandfather was in the Navy, my brother was in the Navy, my uncle was in the Navy . . . I've been pretty obsessed with the Navy ever since I was a kid. With all due respect to the other services, I could never see myself in another service. And as much as I value my enlisted service and think it was a great experience that provided me a lot of opportunities, I don't think re-enlisting would be the best move for me professionally at this point in my life. I'm pretty stoked at the possibility that I may be the first Naval officer in my family though.

chihon fung

I just re-did one my OCS interviewer to try and push from Excellent to Outstanding... the difficulty of questions gets exponentially higher >_<
Also I did one brand new board, does anyone else feel exhausted about 35-40 min into the Board?

Lesson learned: O-6 Interviews are tough.... O-4 to O-5 are manageable.... I wonder what getting interviewed by an O-7 and above feel like?

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
I just re-did one my OCS interviewer to try and push from Excellent to Outstanding... the difficulty of questions gets exponentially higher >_<
Also I did one brand new board, does anyone else feel exhausted about 35-40 min into the Board?

Lesson learned: O-6 Interviews are tough.... O-4 to O-5 are manageable.... I wonder what getting interviewed by an O-7 and above feel like?

Two of my recommendations came from 0-7's. Both of them have known me my entire life, but I had to sit and chat with them when I finally decided on the Navy route and they grilled me. It was intense, but they are awesome people. If you didn't know the person I think that star (or stars) would be terrifying at this point.

A funny story about stars. During PLC-Jrs in 2010, our platoon was standing outside the PX in the pouring rain one morning. One candidate (our resident moron) was on door-holding duty. He's doing fine until a freakin' 3 star roles up with an entourage, and the candidate gets tangled up in his poncho trying to open the door for this general. He gets so flustered and tangled that the general eventually gets fed up and opens the door for himself, at which point the SIs from the entire company proceed to obliterate this kids soul for the next 30 minutes.

Oh how I can't wait to go back to OCS...

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None

Mine were completely opposite. The O-3s and O-4s were extremely tough. The O-5s some of which were COs were easier, and the one O-6 was the easiest.

exNavyOffRec

Two of my recommendations came from 0-7's. Both of them have known me my entire life, but I had to sit and chat with them when I finally decided on the Navy route and they grilled me. It was intense, but they are awesome people. If you didn't know the person I think that star (or stars) would be terrifying at this point.

A funny story about stars. During PLC-Jrs in 2010, our platoon was standing outside the PX in the pouring rain one morning. One candidate (our resident moron) was on door-holding duty. He's doing fine until a freakin' 3 star roles up with an entourage, and the candidate gets tangled up in his poncho trying to open the door for this general. He gets so flustered and tangled that the general eventually gets fed up and opens the door for himself, at which point the SIs from the entire company proceed to obliterate this kids soul for the next 30 minutes.

Oh how I can't wait to go back to OCS...

back to OCS?

IWhopeful

Here's a thought/wishful thinking: What if the long wait on the board has to do with new quotas being set for our future dealings in Iraq and Syria?

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Here's a thought/wishful thinking: What if the long wait on the board has to do with new quotas being set for our future dealings in Iraq and Syria?
I've been convinced of this since reading a previous post about this explanation (except for the Iraq/Syria part).
Sister of my friend is doing one of the medical commissioning programs, but is currently waiting on quotas; it just makes sense that we would be as well.
I feel like the IDC and folks at NRC know what they're doing, and wouldn't leave us in the dark if something didn't need to be ironed out.

exNavyOffRec

I've been convinced of this since reading a previous post about this explanation (except for the Iraq/Syria part).
Sister of my friend is doing one of the medical commissioning programs, but is currently waiting on quotas; it just makes sense that we would be as well.
I feel like the IDC and folks at NRC know what they're doing, and wouldn't leave us in the dark if something didn't need to be ironed out.

yeah, delays to figure out quotas does not usually bode well for those looking to get in.