• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
I've actually got my money on Monday now. That hits the three-week mark exactly, and with BOL undergoing maintenance from Friday-Sunday, it just makes sense.

navyhaz

I"m gonna go ahead and say that we will be waiting until the end of October.

Agree. My admin o made the call yesterday at 1500 central .. He was told four weeks. They received no indications the board was near end. . To add to our wait, CNRC has to verifiy and admin up the results. That takes time. This week is a bust. I hope I'm wrong.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
Soooo, let's change the subject. Question: What has been your favorite duty station or where would you like to take orders and why?

Aside from school and deployments, I spent most of my enlistment in San Diego. I wouldn't want to live there now, but when I was in my early 20s, it was awesome! As for where I would like to be stationed now, I really love Washington, D.C.. I have lived there twice now for work and think it is a great city with lots to do. I've also noticed a lot of IDC members getting stationed in the UK lately. This is probably just my personal observation and not indicative of any movement to increase our presence in that area, but I would love to live overseas if given the opportunity.

To follow up on some of others' comments, I did not care for Guam (port call) at all. Also, I wasn't thrilled with Bahrain (port call) but if being stationed there meant operational experience in the Middle East, then I would be all over it.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Agree. My admin o made the call yesterday at 1500 central .. He was told four weeks. They received no indications the board was near end. . To add to our wait, CNRC has to verifiy and admin up the results. That takes time. This week is a bust. I hope I'm wrong.
Judging by the previous NOPO's post, as well as those of the OR's in this thread, I don't think the board has been, and is still in session. Three weeks to conclude a board would be damn-near ridiculous, unless the board members were combing through every package submitted. This seems highly unlikely though, as members with board experience here have posted about the implementation of standards-cutoffs to expedite the board process.

As far as the four weeks+ results routing process goes though, that's totally reasonable.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
From what I've read, I've gathered that the board scheduled prior to this one was canceled and merged into this board. Is that correct? If so, can we assume that there is a higher than average number of kits to be considered by this board? Also, I've read that the number of kits submitted to this board was around 300. Was this verified in some manner or was this someone's guess? If that number is correct, how does that compare to the number of kits submitted for other boards (i.e., boards that did not combine the kits from multiple boards)?

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If you guys have seen from the previous IDC board (June I believe), results didn't come out until several weeks after the board met. The waiting game shouldn't come as a surprise.