• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

ajsquaredaway

None
This is the same data that has been put out for years, and if I were this guy I would be embarrassed to put out something like this as some BASIC info is wrong, right off the bat many of the designator numbers have been changed, this happened over 5 YEARS AGO, so either this guy is blindly putting out info without making corrections or just doesn't care.

Thanks for the feedback shipmate.

I'd like to put out accurate info for all, can you help me ID the incorrect stuff? Are you talking blog post or the whole ppt? The slide deck is straight from NRC so I didn't QA it.

Blog post has been updated with point system reference. Not 100% that all communities use it, but SWO Pilot NFO board does.

http://ajsquaredaway.wordpress.com/2014/06/30/am-i-competitive-enough-to-become-a-navy-officer/

plastycx

Never Giving Up
Alright everybody, tomorrow is Monday; I want everyone here obsessing about when results are to be released by 0800 sharp. Remember: early is on-time, and on-time is late, so early is also late. Figure it out.

Off course they didn't post. We are waiting for it!!! Its not like we are trying to plan ahead or make future decisions.

navyhaz

Off course they didn't post. We are waiting for it!!! Its not like we are trying to plan ahead or make future decisions.

Yup. Paddeling that boat with you. If I get a pro rec no I have three months before executing orders, selling my house, and moving the family. I did this to myself and I knew all this going into it. It's all hitting home now and The wife and I are stressing.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
What type of information do people typically put in the "Applicant's Remarks" box on the APSR? I've been debating listing all the leadership positions, awards received, and volunteer service that I didn't want to fill up my motivational statement with. Any thoughts on this?

Rickblaine22

I put all of my enclosures there. So If I had an award, I marked it Enclosure whatever, and put "ENCLOSURE 3 - Navy Marine Corps Achievement Medal (May 2014)." I don't know what an APSR is, but on the OCS Application, that's what I put in that box.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
What type of information do people typically put in the "Applicant's Remarks" box on the APSR? I've been debating listing all the leadership positions, awards received, and volunteer service that I didn't want to fill up my motivational statement with. Any thoughts on this?

You just answered your own question.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the feedback shipmate.

I'd like to put out accurate info for all, can you help me ID the incorrect stuff? Are you talking blog post or the whole ppt? The slide deck is straight from NRC so I didn't QA it.

Blog post has been updated with point system reference. Not 100% that all communities use it, but SWO Pilot NFO board does.

http://ajsquaredaway.wordpress.com/2014/06/30/am-i-competitive-enough-to-become-a-navy-officer/

Just that one ppt, the shitty thing is people come into recruiting, get handed this stuff and are told it is "new" or they make the logical assumption they are getting what is new and then it is not, guys going through OR school and showing up at my NRD a few years after I did had the same handouts and the same data.

I don't know how strict they are on the point system, I did know about it, but when the boards are competitive ASTB pretty much rules, NRC talks about "whole person" but when you see person after person who just went to school and has a so so GPA but they rock the ASTB and get picked up you can kind of see where the priority lies.

exNavyOffRec

I was really hoping SWO-IP/IW were wide open given that after I canvassed many fleet types, they usually do a double take when mentioning an application for SWO lol. I get the impression retention is low and they're a rough crowd. What have you all heard?

but SWO IP feeds into IP so they are looking at the space IP will have, and they are a small community.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
I put all of my enclosures there. So If I had an award, I marked it Enclosure whatever, and put "ENCLOSURE 3 - Navy Marine Corps Achievement Medal (May 2014)." I don't know what an APSR is, but on the OCS Application, that's what I put in that box.

APSR = Application Processing and Summary Record.

I'm assuming that is what you are referring to as the "OCS Application."

I get the feeling that you can put whatever you want there. I'm not sure what an "enclosure" is but it sounds like you answered my question. Thanks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Just that one ppt, the shitty thing is people come into recruiting, get handed this stuff and are told it is "new" or they make the logical assumption they are getting what is new and then it is not, guys going through OR school and showing up at my NRD a few years after I did had the same handouts and the same data.

I don't know how strict they are on the point system, I did know about it, but when the boards are competitive ASTB pretty much rules, NRC talks about "whole person" but when you see person after person who just went to school and has a so so GPA but they rock the ASTB and get picked up you can kind of see where the priority lies.

Book smarts vs. Streets smarts of recruiting. We had a brief about IDC programs and they still insist that a 3.0 GPA and 50 OAR score is considered competitive for IDC. We fought back with the community and they will not put out actual factors on what they consider competitive.

exNavyOffRec

Book smarts vs. Streets smarts of recruiting. We had a brief about IDC programs and they still insist that a 3.0 GPA and 50 OAR score is considered competitive for IDC. We fought back with the community and they will not put out actual factors on what they consider competitive.

of course not, then there is data they could be asked about, did you ask them to show people with a 3.0 GPA that had been selected.