• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

navyhaz

Well I'll be checking my BOL tomorrow at 0645 PST. I'll let you guys know if I see the "magic box".

Just called again. OCS help desk says don't expect anything until October. Which is what we all expected in the first place. Applicants are north of 300... All fighting for a few open spots. The program manager says they finally stopped asking for information and have "closed the door"

spazzz

Another thing that the National OPO mentioned on his strand before his departure is that he expects the selection rate to be between 20-25%. If there are 300 plus applicants then that means there would be in excess of 60 - 75 people selected. Always a positive thing to look at in my opinion.

navyhaz

Another thing that the National OPO mentioned on his strand before his departure is that he expects the selection rate to be between 20-25%. If there are 300 plus applicants then that means there would be in excess of 60 - 75 people selected. Always a positive thing to look at in my opinion.

Based on normal board numbers. Not all boards have this number of applicants. The number of applicants does not change the goal they are trying to meet. I expect them to select 15-25 per designator outside of SWO-IP SWO-IW where these will be around 2-3. Hate being Debbie Downer just keeping it real. Time will tell

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
In all reality, October is only next week. That is not too long of a wait. I am willing to wait as long as necassary to receive PRO REC Y.

Rickblaine22

Hey hey hey...there is only room for one Debbie Downer in the room, and I already claimed that.

BTW, for you AD folks, on BOL, is it the "advancement/selection board" application I go under to check status?

spazzz

Based on normal board numbers. Not all boards have this number of applicants. The number of applicants does not change the goal they are trying to meet. I expect them to select 15-25 per designator outside of SWO-IP SWO-IW where these will be around 2-3. Hate being Debbie Downer just keeping it real. Time will tell
Sounds about right. If they select 20 per designator (excluding the two you mentioned) That would put the total at about 80 total, excluding the SWO designators. Either way some is better than being cancelled :D

exNavyOffRec

correct, if you add up the IW and Intel goals for the past several FY's the total is about 70 per FY, so 60-75 for one board is very high.

Usually each FY has Intel about 40, IW about 40, IP about 5, SWO-IP and SWO-IW low single digits.

navyhaz

correct, if you add up the IW and Intel goals for the past several FY's the total is about 70 per FY, so 60-75 for one board is very high.

Usually each FY has Intel about 40, IW about 40, IP about 5, SWO-IP and SWO-IW low single digits.

5 per FY for IP? This makes me nervous....

spazzz

Sounds fair. Is this board for FY15 quotas only?