• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

usmctonavy

I guess I have been lurking here for long enough. I am awaiting the results for the Sept IDC board as well. Looking at all the stats most everyone has, it looks like its going to be wicked competitive.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
I did know about it, but when the boards are competitive ASTB pretty much rules, NRC talks about "whole person" but when you see person after person who just went to school and has a so so GPA but they rock the ASTB and get picked up you can kind of see where the priority lies.

I've heard the ASTB (OAR) matters more for the folks trying to come in from the civilian sector, but is less important for those applying from the enlisted side. Is there any truth to that?

Rickblaine22

My recruiter said its "easier" for prior enlisted to go officer than civilians. I took that with a grain of salt, as I did everything he said.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
My recruiter said its "easier" for prior enlisted to go officer than civilians. I took that with a grain of salt, as I did everything he said.
So what are you implying? Speaking as both a recruiter and applicant I can tell you there is no easier way to get selected. Recruiters can only help an applicant so much. As long as you've followed their instruction then the rest is up to the board.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So what are you implying? Speaking as both a recruiter and applicant I can tell you there is no easier way to get selected. Recruiters can only help an applicant so much. As long as you've followed their instruction then the rest is up to the board.

I think he meant it's easier to get selected because most IDC selects are either prior enlisted or active duty.

dmamula

I PMed National OPO asking him if the board is going as scheduled and respectfully requested if he could estimate on when he thought the results would come out. This is what he relied with

"The AC IDC board started as planned. It normally takes about 2 weeks for the community to provide the results back to us here in NRC, for us to confirm the results, and for us to push the results out to the Fleet and NRDs. That said, I would hope to see the results released to the Fleet and NRDs by 03Oct if all goes well with the board and the routing of the results."

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
I PMed National OPO asking him if the board is going as scheduled and respectfully requested if he could estimate on when he thought the results would come out. This is what he relied with

"The AC IDC board started as planned. It normally takes about 2 weeks for the community to provide the results back to us here in NRC, for us to confirm the results, and for us to push the results out to the Fleet and NRDs. That said, I would hope to see the results released to the Fleet and NRDs by 03Oct if all goes well with the board and the routing of the results."

Yep. That's what I figured. 03-06OCT sometime. Two more weeks of holding your breath.
It's all good though; before I signed up here, I was expecting a two-three month turnaround.

Rickblaine22

He mentioned the ASTB being more important for civilians...my response was just a tidbit regarding that. To be honest, I don't think anyone knows for sure what boards are looking for, other than the members of that board. I'm sure all of us can get on here and say, "I heard X..." and it will all be contradictory. Best way to get through this is just to stay busy until results come out. And trust me...I'm checking BOL every 3 minutes and 24 seconds too...I can't help it, but I try to stay busy and keep my mind off of things.

IWhopeful

I'm assuming the results in BOL will resemble those for a Chief Selection board? A last name with a (sometimes cut-off) first name, in a long list? Well, maybe not so long of a list for this board, lol.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I'm assuming the results in BOL will resemble those for a Chief Selection board? A last name with a (sometimes cut-off) first name, in a long list? Well, maybe not so long of a list for this board, lol.

Not too sure how it looks on command view but for individual view it should show which designator and whether you were PRO-Y or PRO-N

nf_utvol

Platinum Ensign
I think he meant it's easier to get selected because most IDC selects are either prior enlisted or active duty.

Is that actually true? I mean, I work with a LOT of IDCs who were priors or lat transfers, but I don't feel like it's a majority by any means. Especially if you don't count the USNA and ROTC folks who got into the IDC because of being DQed from unrestricted line jobs.

Of course, that's just my own experience, I don't have numbers on it, and I could be completely, horribly, embarrassingly off.