• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

PensacolaBayou

Hooray for 120.
But seriously, what is the positive spin on this lateness situation? We got a major dose of the negative, today. Give us the other side of things.

kj0b

At the Dallas Cowboys game and we are doing military appreciation. The only thing I can dream of is being able to say I serve for the United States Navy.

IDC board please deliver some positive results soon!!!

bluemarlin04

Haven't really posted but came to comment on flight school re designation into Intel.

I graduated NIOBC 3 years ago in 2011 and in our class of 20 more then half were either flight school or Nuclear Pipeline attritions re designated to Intel (including myself) The remaining were lateral transfer and about 5 were OCS and I think one or two coming from the academy or ROTC with med DQ for URL.

There are a lot of billets given to guys who either DORd, failed, or were medically disqualified. Everyone in this categories goes to the POCR board for a chance at a new designator and IDC seems to scoop a lot of them (SWO does as well). From what I was told it saves the navy money by just putting the training attrites into new designators rather then separating them.

Hope that clears up some questions about it. From what I heard in 2013 even more guys started getting re designated into IDC. There are a lot of failed nukes and pilots in Intel. A solid amount at my command all started in different communities. Very few were straight ocs into Intel.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Haven't really posted but came to comment on flight school re designation into Intel.

I graduated NIOBC 3 years ago in 2011 and in our class of 20 more then half were either flight school or Nuclear Pipeline attritions re designated to Intel (including myself) The remaining were lateral transfer and about 5 were OCS and I think one or two coming from the academy or ROTC with med DQ for URL.

There are a lot of billets given to guys who either DORd, failed, or were medically disqualified. Everyone in this categories goes to the POCR board for a chance at a new designator and IDC seems to scoop a lot of them (SWO does as well). From what I was told it saves the navy money by just putting the training attrites into new designators rather then separating them.

Hope that clears up some questions about it. From what I heard in 2013 even more guys started getting re designated into IDC. There are a lot of failed nukes and pilots in Intel. A solid amount at my command all started in different communities. Very few were straight ocs into Intel.

That is really bad news if they go that route again, it was late 2011/early 2012 that it looked like they stopped the redesignation train to IDC for those leaving aviation and subs, that is when we had the aviation drops (generally advanced I believe) that were TAD to the NRD while being discharged. I do know OCS was still changing some to IDC who couldn't do aviation or nuke, but RUFIO had recently said NRC changed the process so essentially it is SWO now.

I did have a guy fail out of nuke school in late 2012/early 2013 and he was flat out told there are no redesignations to anything IDC, his options if he wanted to stay were Supply or SWO, he went Supply so he could still serve on a sub.

IWhopeful

I say make them needs of the Navy, the same as enlisted folks at A schools. And judging from the last few boards, we are always In need of quality SWO applicants and have plenty of quality IDC applicants who want Intel or IW as a 1st choice. Just my 2 cents. Feel free to burst my bubble.

Rickblaine22

I thought the only people who came in here on the weekend were reservists! **zing**

An honest question though...if these people are re-designating, what does that mean for this board? It seems like they had a quota in mind before hand...and I can't see TOO many spots being taken by others.

bluemarlin04

I thought the only people who came in here on the weekend were reservists! **zing**

An honest question though...if these people are re-designating, what does that mean for this board? It seems like they had a quota in mind before hand...and I can't see TOO many spots being taken by others.
I don't see the POCR board numbers affecting an ocs board. I was just commenting on how the re designation still exists.

Pretty sure the numbers for boards are set out far in advance.

exNavyOffRec

I don't see the POCR board numbers affecting an ocs board. I was just commenting on how the re designation still exists.

Pretty sure the numbers for boards are set out far in advance.

They can, that was part of a big explanation they sent out to the NRD's years ago, it really depends on the FY and YG, if NRC is still selecting people for the current FY and the person being redesignated happens to be in the YG for the current FY it will since they only access a specific number of people per designator each year, and IDC is tiny so just a few can have a significant effect, if they are in a YG that is not the current FY it won't.

It is for the above reason that OCS redesignations have a far more negative effect on NRC selections than drops from aviation a year down the road.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
They can, that was part of a big explanation they sent out to the NRD's years ago, it really depends on the FY and YG, if NRC is still selecting people for the current FY and the person being redesignated happens to be in the YG for the current FY it will since they only access a specific number of people per designator each year, and IDC is tiny so just a few can have a significant effect, if they are in a YG that is not the current FY it won't.

It is for the above reason that OCS redesignations have a far more negative effect on NRC selections than drops from aviation a year down the road.
No matter what the results, some closure would be great.