• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

No clue. I am expecting to hopefully here before the end of Dec. It would be nice to find out before then, however, as I have a deployment coming up. Maybe since the results came out so quickly, FINAL SELECTS will soon follow.

From what I've read on the purgatory thread, it looks like it takes 3-5 months to get the FIN SEL letter and the ocs date is usually 2-3 months after that, on average. Does that seem about right?

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
From what I've read on the purgatory thread, it looks like it takes 3-5 months to get the FIN SEL letter and the ocs date is usually 2-3 months after that, on average. Does that seem about right?

It really varies for us AD folks. It primarily depends on what your Skipper wrote in your endorsement about how soon you're available to transfer.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
It really varies for us AD folks. It primarily depends on what your Skipper wrote in your endorsement about how soon you're available to transfer.

My endorsement stated "...available to transfer to OCS immediately upon selection." I don't know if that is really a big factor for the timeline, but I do know that it won't delay me.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete

I see it is your first post, so welcome. NRD Atlanta? I did some recruiting out of that district for three years. I am also from GA, hence the UGA logo on my signature.

Andy Beezy

My endorsement stated "...available to transfer to OCS immediately upon selection." I don't know if that is really a big factor for the timeline, but I do know that it won't delay me.
I guess I sort of screwed myself on that. I didn't mention that at all. Hopefully they look at my age and consider me a "rush" candidate. I know they did that with people in STA-21.

KnightFlight

I see it is your first post, so welcome. NRD Atlanta? I did some recruiting out of that district for three years. I am also from GA, hence the UGA logo on my signature.
I'm out of NRD Atlanta in Symrna, GA.

luvmychevy1951

Im so excited for the results. Its been a long journey for me. I got out of the Marines on a monday in 2012, started college on that next week and immediately started applying for Marine OCS. After 3 years of not getting selected (boards were 10% selection rates) I decided to try for the Navy boards which had way better numbers. This is my one and only try. I graduate this May and I have a wife and 1 year old I have to support so I need a little certainty lol. Please pray for me, a dream could die today! (a little dramatic, I know)

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter

I recently had one of my SWO applicants get selected. She turns 29 in March 2015. I stayed in contact with NRC and put remarks all over her CIRIMS account. I called the program manager regularly and once selected, he walked her FINSEL letter through and within two business days, I swore her in and in 3 weeks, she checked into OCS. The moral of the story is: recruiter must stay in touch with the program manager on an "AGE CRITICAL" applicant and advocate for the applicant. With so many applicants, there is no way they'll catch the age critical cases easily...it's on us to be on top of it. My applicant's story is proof that it CAN be done and done well.

Good luck to you all!

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Would results really be out that fast for us?

Yes, they can be. For Pilot, NFO, SWO, and Supply Corps, Navy Recruiting Command does the selections....NOT the community itself. Therefore, it's all in house and controlled by one entity. The reason they aren't out yet is that the fleet applicants must be notified first and results uploaded into Bupers Online. Given that the board was on 29 October, I'd expect results anytime now. The other reason they come out fast is because it's a one-day board unlike IDC that lasts 3 weeks or more.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
(Not the guy you were replying to) @Chop07 Yep, for me I would have to be assigned to the 23NOV14 starting class if I'm selected for pilot. I'm willing to sleep on the floor of my NRD to get everything done in time if that is what it takes. I realize this is cutting it insanely close, but this is how the cards fell. My processor (I don't work with my OR anymore) is aware of the situation and is working on putting things in place to make it happen should I be selected.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Results should have been out Friday for the civilian/non-active duty folks. Being that it was Friday/Halloween results were never released or just waited until Monday.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
(Not the guy you were replying to) @Chop07 Yep, for me I would have to be assigned to the 23NOV14 starting class if I'm selected for pilot. I'm willing to sleep on the floor of my NRD to get everything done in time if that is what it takes. I realize this is cutting it insanely close, but this is how the cards fell. My processor (I don't work with my OR anymore) is aware of the situation and is working on putting things in place to make it happen should I be selected.

You/your processor realize that all OCS spots have been filled between now and the January-ish classes?