• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

FROG14

Naval Aviator
I think I smooth talked myself into it, have the Navy officer first mentality with me just graduating college... Its just been in the 6 months I've been waiting from the first time I've applied the thought of getting to fly gets my blood pumping like nothing else.

I know the feeling! It looks like you've got a good kit so hopefully you can get what you want, Good Luck!

KnightFlight

I think I smooth talked myself into it, have the Navy officer first mentality with me just graduating college... Its just been in the 6 months I've been waiting from the first time I've applied the thought of getting to fly gets my blood pumping like nothing else.

Nothing wrong with just focusing on being an officer!

MikeMillerUK

Nearing the end of Primary
Contributor
The issue with this is simply when boards meet. Once you get selected for your number one choice, you automatically stop processing for other options unless you specifically choose to. Seeing as how Intel met forever ago and aviation is meeting today, I'm not sure how the timing will work out. If you are already preliminarily in the system as a Pro-Y for intel before the results get released, it's possible they pulled your app from the aviation board. Not trying to be a pessimist here, but you might have screwed the pooch on this one. If your number one choice is to be a pilot, tell the board it's your number one choice. Especially considering how young you are and how much time you have to resubmit applications in any order preference you please. Nothing to do about it at this point except wait and see, but if you get selected Intel, you will need to make sure you inform your recruiter that it's not what you want to do. If selected for intel and not aviation, that's gonna put you in a big pickle; you'll be able to turn down intel and keep trying for aviation since you are young, but you'll be doing so with a big black mark on your record for turning down a pro-y raising eyebrows from board members who are questioning why you didn't have the foresight to avoid this issue. If selected for aviation and not intel, then the problem solves itself and you are good to go. If selected for both, I think you just have to inform your recruiter that you are pursuing your second option instead of your first.

Please note that I'm an applicant myself, and a large amount of what I'm saying is purely from stuff I've read on this website, so input from the actual recruiters is going to be much more accurate and valuable information than what you receive from me.

Best of luck to you!

Undes

Question for the active duty guys...Any idea when BOL might show some results? Any chance it might update by Friday?