• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

Hey everyone,

First post on Air Warriors but this site has been a great source of info so I figured I'd share the wealth. I spoke to a PS1 at NRC who told me the board is Oct. 29th, and the results should hit BOL no more than a week after. I can't give any gauge as to how that works for guys off the street, but that's the timeline for Navy folk applying. The PS1 also told me that in the last board, 95% of Fleet applicants were selected. Obviously each board is different but in speaking to a few O6s and others with knowledge of recruiting and quotas, Pilot/NFO spots are still aplenty. I've seen that a few recruiters are kind enough to keep all of us updated on here so if any of this gauge is far off from what others have heard, please correct me, but my source of info is that PS1 at NRC so hopefully it's reliable.

Here are my stats (if anyone cares):
IS1(EXW)
Assigned to SEAL Team 18, MOBd to SOCFWD-EA, Djibouti
7 years Reserve, 2 combat deployments
Evals: EP/MP/EP/EP/EP
JCOM, Iraq Campaign Medal
2 Flag LOCs, BJOQ, BJOY
B.S. in Criminology, George Mason University
GPA: 2.48 (Averaged 3.5 in last 2 years after I enlisted, submitted personal statement addressing GPA)
References: 2 Congressional, 1 Flag, 3 O6s, 3 O5s, 1 SES 4, 1 CIV (Intel or Pilots)
Interviews: 1 Flag SWO, 1 O6 Pilot, 1 O6 NFO, 1 Retired Pilot
OAR: 57
ASTB: 7/8/8
Pilot hours: 15 (cleared for solo)

Thanks to everybody who contributes on this site and good luck to everyone!

Marty

exNavyOffRec

Hey everyone,

First post on Air Warriors but this site has been a great source of info so I figured I'd share the wealth. I spoke to a PS1 at NRC who told me the board is Oct. 29th, and the results should hit BOL no more than a week after. I can't give any gauge as to how that works for guys off the street, but that's the timeline for Navy folk applying. The PS1 also told me that in the last board, 95% of Fleet applicants were selected. Obviously each board is different but in speaking to a few O6s and others with knowledge of recruiting and quotas, Pilot/NFO spots are still aplenty. I've seen that a few recruiters are kind enough to keep all of us updated on here so if any of this gauge is far off from what others have heard, please correct me, but my source of info is that PS1 at NRC so hopefully it's reliable.

IS1(EXW)
2 Flag LOCs, BJOQ, BJOY
GPA: 2.48 (Averaged 3.5 in last 2 years after I enlisted, submitted personal statement addressing GPA)
References: 2 Congressional, 1 Flag, 3 O6s, 3 O5s, 1 SES 4, 1 CIV (Intel or Pilots)

Marty

The minimum GPA to apply per the PA is 2.5 did you work with an OR or CCC that looked at the PA?

The minimum GPA to apply per the PA is 2.5 did you work with an OR or CCC that looked at the PA?

My GPA is a little weird because my final GPA is a 2.48 from GMU, but I attended multiple colleges so I am actually not sure how that is calculated in. The folks who check packages down at NRC said my package was QA'd and is ready for the board so hopefully that means it's not an issue, but I'll call them next week just to be on the safe side. Thank you for mentioning that!

exNavyOffRec

My GPA is a little weird because my final GPA is a 2.48 from GMU, but I attended multiple colleges so I am actually not sure how that is calculated in. The folks who check packages down at NRC said my package was QA'd and is ready for the board so hopefully that means it's not an issue, but I'll call them next week just to be on the safe side. Thank you for mentioning that!

It can be odd and they have changed the way they have done it, it used to be that the GPA calculated on the GPA worksheet was what they went by, then I heard it was changed to what the GPA was on the transcripts for the degree you graduated with, so yes it can be interesting sometimes.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Hey everyone,

IS1(EXW)
2 Flag LOCs, BJOQ, BJOY

Marty

Thanks for the info. Hopefully the selection rate for us Fleet Applicants holds true this board!!

Bluecore

Hey all, checkin in for the ride! I put in for SNFO and SWO and completed the package back in late July. I got the green light from the SWO board, but seeing as SNFO was my first choice, well, here I am. Best of luck to everyone!

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the info. Hopefully the selection rate for us Fleet Applicants holds true this board!!

The overall number of selects for the past several boards was very high compared to historical selections so that percent could be misleading, if you have high ASTB scores and good GPA it should all work out.

Andy Beezy

The overall number of selects for the past several boards was very high compared to historical selections so that percent could be misleading, if you have high ASTB scores and good GPA it should all work out.
What about EVALS? I got two back to back MPs, not break-out. I was mad about it, but I really couldn't do anything. My write ups improved dramatically though. I went from working in QA to being an LPO/ Duty Section Leader/ UPC. My collaterals were huge, but I still didn't get the EVAL I wanted. Is this going to really hurt me? I'm an E-6, so competition is a lot stronger than when I was a second. My last EVAL was a x-fer, so it was a 1 of 1 EP. I just have this gut feeling that the back to back MPs really screwed me.

exNavyOffRec

What about EVALS? I got two back to back MPs, not break-out. I was mad about it, but I really couldn't do anything. My write ups improved dramatically though. I went from working in QA to being an LPO/ Duty Section Leader/ UPC. My collaterals were huge, but I still didn't get the EVAL I wanted. Is this going to really hurt me? I'm an E-6, so competition is a lot stronger than when I was a second. My last EVAL was a x-fer, so it was a 1 of 1 EP. I just have this gut feeling that the back to back MPs really screwed me.

hard to say how much those factor in, since you are going for SNA and SNFO ASTB would be the big thing.

Andy Beezy

hard to say how much those factor in, since you are going for SNA and SNFO ASTB would be the big thing.
Okay. Thanks for the info. My scores aren't the greatest compared to some people on here, but I'm guessing they're competitive. I got a 54 6/7/5.