• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

Gator Guard

always knife hands
Historically those percentages aren't bad, you just happened to see some of the best selection rates ever with rates close to 100%, it often fluctuates between 25-75%
Can you give a prediction of the selection rate for SNFO this time around? My brother is a SNFO in API right now and he keeps telling me that they really need NFOs right now.

With SNA and SNFO meeting at the same time, I figured my kit would be seen for both when that met. I wanted my kit to go to SWO as well so that I didn't have to wait a few more months for another board cycle to occur. I didn't want to list it third because of fear it wouldn't be seen if in the third slot.

So you went SNA, SWO, then SNFO? Interesting strategy but it's worked so far. I'm right with you - I obviously want to be in the air but would still happily serve as SWO. But like you said, I'll roll the dice and time will tell. Thanks for the insight, good luck on the upcoming board!

Last edited:

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
So you went SNA, SWO, then SNFO? Interesting strategy but it's worked so far. I'm right with you - I obviously want to be in the air but would still happily serve as SWO. But like you said, I'll roll the dice and time will tell. Thanks for the insight, good luck on the upcoming board!
You're welcome, and if you have any other questions about what I did, or the way I did it let me know.

exNavyOffRec

Can you give a prediction of the selection rate for SNFO this time around? My brother is a SNFO in API right now and he keeps telling me that they really need NFOs right now.

The only way to know is when the results come out, then those that still are doing OR type things can figure it out.

mike23!

Mine are:

28 Years Old
SNA/NFO/AMDO
Active Duty Navy: AE1(AW) (10 years)
8 hours Private Pilot's License
3.76 GPA B.S. Aeronautics
4.0 M.S.(In Progress) Occupational Health Management
ASTB 54 6/7/5
LORs: 1 Captain and 2 Commanders (Navy)
200+ Hours Community Service
FCC License
USMAP Aircraft Electrician Journeyman: 8,000 hours.

Side note,

How long did it take for you guys to get your age waivers back? I sent an email, got a reply yesterday and sent them my info yesterday. The community manager said he would get back to me. This has to be submitted with your application right?

@Lancerr1 I am active duty, so I didn't go through one. I had to shotgun this up my command because I just stumbled upon the board convene date the other day. The good thing is I was almost finished with it by the time I saw the date. My command has been really cool about it though. They've been cool mainly because I routed a chit about 2 months ago and said I was applying. Hopefully they have about 2,000 spots open for us!!
I got my age waiver back within two days. Im in the same boat though, I had to shoot it up my chain of command pretty quickly too. Im just waiting on my CO to sign off on my kit to submit it. Good luck with your kit though, hopefully you'll make this board.

Andy Beezy

I got my age waiver back within two days. Im in the same boat though, I had to shoot it up my chain of command pretty quickly too. Im just waiting on my CO to sign off on my kit to submit it. Good luck with your kit though, hopefully you'll make this board.
All I'm waiting on now is my age waiver. I sent my information in last Thursday, so hopefully I get it tomorrow.

I also have another question. I just had a last minute OCS Appraisal and the interview also wrote me a LOR. Can I include both, or would that be some type of double dipping?

Pcola1990

I also have another question. I just had a last minute OCS Appraisal and the interview also wrote me a LOR. Can I include both, or would that be some type of double dipping?

One of my interviewers wrote me an LOR as well as filling out the interview paperwork. My OR said we could definitely include both. I would think it would be the same way across the board.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
All I'm waiting on now is my age waiver. I sent my information in last Thursday, so hopefully I get it tomorrow.

I would include whichever you think is stronger. I've heard many times that the board looks for quality over quantity. I think the best LORs are the ones that come from senior officers that you have worked for at some point in time and the best appraisals come from those who you haven't worked for because they are evaluating you from the interview and your application. In the end, it's your application so be sure to do whatever feels right to YOU. Good luck with your decision.

Hodgesa

Pro Rec SNFO April Board
I'm hoping to get in for this first SNA/SNFO board, I'm waiting to see if my recruiter and processor will get my kit submitted in time for this board, I've done everything I could, but now the only power I have is to ensure that my recruiter does what he needs to do to get the processor to send my application in time, time to wait and see I guess. Good luck to you all!

Whitefoot

None
I'm hoping to get in for this first SNA/SNFO board, I'm waiting to see if my recruiter and processor will get my kit submitted in time for this board, I've done everything I could, but now the only power I have is to ensure that my recruiter does what he needs to do to get the processor to send my application in time, time to wait and see I guess. Good luck to you all!
Speaking from personal experience and nothing more. If it isn't solely in the processor's hands right now, it will be tough (thought not impossible) to get it from the processor to the PM by COB 17 OCT. Good luck to you!

Hodgesa

Pro Rec SNFO April Board
Speaking from personal experience and nothing more. If it isn't solely in the processor's hands right now, it will be tough (thought not impossible) to get it from the processor to the PM by COB 17 OCT. Good luck to you!
Yeah and there in lies the problem, my recruiter doesn't give me straight answers when I try to figure out what the processor has and what my recruiter still needs to give him. I believe the processor has had everything since last Thursday, 9 October but last time I was able to reach him was before I was able to confirm everything was sent to the office, and from my experience working with him, he won't get the paperwork to the processor unless I just keep calling him and reminding him.

Kevin Jenkins

pilot
My OR just texted me this morning and said that the board convened today. This is going against everything that we have been told on AW, but he has been on top of it when it comes to getting me info on my kit. Has anyone heard from their OR? I don't really want to tell him that I think he's wrong, and the board isn't meeting till the 29th.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
My OR just texted me this morning and said that the board convened today. This is going against everything that we have been told on AW, but he has been on top of it when it comes to getting me info on my kit. Has anyone heard from their OR? I don't really want to tell him that I think he's wrong, and the board isn't meeting till the 29th.
When in doubt assume AW is correct. Period. I wouldn't tell him he is wrong either but I'd be curious to know, how he knows it was today. Considering I haven't seen anyone post that their kits went ORD-PRO, if a board happened, I wonder what applicants they would be reviewing.

Kevin Jenkins

pilot
When in doubt assume AW is correct. Period. I wouldn't tell him he is wrong either but I'd be curious to know, how he knows it was today. Considering I haven't seen anyone post that their kits went ORD-PRO, if a board happened, I wonder what applicants they would be reviewing.
Ya I agree, but part of me wants to assume that he has direct access to the database where it would say ORD-PRO. I trust the info the @RUFiO181 posts on here, so unless I hear otherwise from him, or other applicants, I will assume it has not yet convened.