• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

Andy Beezy

For my age waiver, it took about three days. And as far as I know, yes it must be submitted with your application.
Thanks for the info Popo. I'm just really curious if they are going to approve my age waiver for pilot. I turn 29 next April, so I'm a little nervous of the outcome.

@varlogkern Did they give you any grief about getting your age waiver for pilot?

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Thanks for the info Popo. I'm just really curious if they are going to approve my age waiver for pilot. I turn 29 next April, so I'm a little nervous of the outcome.

@varlogkern Did they give you any grief about getting your age waiver for pilot?
I don't have an age waiver. I'm not prior service. So I have to start OCS soon, period, full stop. I wish I could get one to have more time but this is how the cards fell.

Andy Beezy

I don't have an age waiver. I'm not prior service. So I have to start OCS soon, period, full stop. I wish I could get one to have more time but this is how the cards fell.
Right, sorry. I meant did they give you any grief about applying as a pilot for OCS with such a short time frame until your 27th birthday?

varlogkern

Right, sorry. I meant did they give you any grief about applying as a pilot for OCS with such a short time frame until your 27th birthday?
No worries, I didn't have time to type out a long response earlier. Nope no grief on my side, but if you check my sig you'll see why. The second time I applied they knew it was going to be cutting it close but they didn't dissuade me from trying.

Is there a date on the November SNA board, particularly the date by when they need to have received my kit? I'm waiting on MEPS and a waiver, so I'm going to miss the upcoming board but am shooting for the next one. Thanks.

varlogkern

Is there a date on the November SNA board, particularly the date by when they need to have received my kit? I'm waiting on MEPS and a waiver, so I'm going to miss the upcoming board but am shooting for the next one. Thanks.
Right now we don't even know if there will be a November board. Due to the rolling nature, the best that can be guessed right now is the next one will be 90-120 days from 29OCT.

Pcola1990

Doubt there will be an SNA board in November. They happen every 90-120 days or sooner if they have enough applications. Considering the board occurring 29 Oct there likely won't be another until at least late December or January. Seems like historically applications needed to be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the board in order to be included.

Right now we don't even know if there will be a November board. Due to the rolling nature, the best that can be guessed right now is the next one will be 90-120 days from 29OCT.

I see. Well, thanks. Is there also an upcoming SNFO board? I've read through this thread but it's primarily about the SNA board.

Also, it looks like you got pro-rec'd for SWO but still sending your kit to the SNA board. How exactly does that work? Why go for SWO first if it's not your top choice? I'm just trying to figure out the logistics of submitting my own kit because it seems you and I have the same top three choices (SNA/SNFO/SWO)?

I also received a similar ASTB score as you the first time you were denied a SNA pro-rec. I received a 54/7/7/7 with a 3.5 GPA. Hmmm...making me nervous here.

Last edited:

varlogkern

I see. Well, thanks. Is there also an upcoming SNFO board? I've read through this thread but it's primarily about the SNA board.

Also, it looks like you got pro-rec'd for SWO but still sending your kit to the SNA board. How exactly does that work? Why go for SWO first if it's not your top choice? I'm just trying to figure out the logistics of submitting my own kit because it seems you and I have the same top three choices (SNA/SNFO/SWO)?

I also received a similar ASTB score as you the first time you were denied a SNA pro-rec. I received a 54/7/7/7 with a 3.5 GPA. Hmmm...making me nervous here.
This thread includes SNA and SNFO. The board for both meets at the same time, usually called the "Aviation Board." When you submit your kit, it goes to every board until you are Pro-Rec-Y for your first choice. That said, boards sometimes only will actually consider you if you place that community (Aviation, Nuke, Intel, etc) in the top two slots. Each community has their boards at different times and is on different cycles, some rolling, some not.

My justification is that I want to be a Naval Aviator, but I will still proudly serve in any capacity. With SNA and SNFO meeting at the same time, I figured my kit would be seen for both when that met. I wanted my kit to go to SWO as well so that I didn't have to wait a few more months for another board cycle to occur. I didn't want to list it third because of fear it wouldn't be seen if in the third slot. It just so happened that the SWO board occurred before the Aviation board. Also, I'm age critical, so this would be the last chance I will ever have to apply for the Naval Aviation program. As well, if I am selected for pilot it will be a miracle if I can even get classed up and ship within the allotted time frame.

When I was Pro-Rec-N for SNA in June the selection rates were horrible. I think 33% for SNA and 30% for SNFO (however for the actual numbers check the NationalOPO Blog thread). Triple 7s are competitive for SNA, roll the dice and see what happens. That is about all you can do right now.

exNavyOffRec

When I was Pro-Rec-N for SNA in June the selection rates were horrible. I think 33% for SNA and 30% for SNFO (however for the actual numbers check the NationalOPO Blog thread). Triple 7s are competitive for SNA, roll the dice and see what happens. That is about all you can do right now.

Historically those percentages aren't bad, you just happened to see some of the best selection rates ever with rates close to 100%, it often fluctuates between 25-75%