• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

RTI35

That's a bad situation. I was in the same situation. It depends on how much paperwork you sent them and how busy they are. I have no medical issues but did have prk eye surgery. They took around 6 weeks to get me in..... :(

Crappp. I don't have much medical documentation at all; I sent them documents of a detailed physical w/bloodwork from 2013 and an FAA flight physical certificate as that's all I have. Hopefully that will speed it up..

FROG14

Naval Aviator
Crappp. I don't have much medical documentation at all; I sent them documents of a detailed physical w/bloodwork from 2013 and an FAA flight physical certificate as that's all I have. Hopefully that will speed it up..

I'm currently enlisted and that didn't seem to help at all. Just have to wait it out, it sucks....

echowhiskey

Tenax Propositi
Does anyone know how long it generally takes for MEPS to review your documents and schedule you for an appointment? I submitted my medical documents a few weeks ago and am still waiting on MEPS to give me a date. Getting a little nervous I won't have my kit in for this board because of it.. :(

I got caught up in the MEPS pipeline as well. It sucks at the moment, but what has helped me keep sane throughout the process is to know that I've done the best I can on my end to aid in my application, and that some things, such as MEPS dates, are out of my control. Just keep your head down, I know, easier said than done!

Kevin Jenkins

pilot
Does anyone know how long it generally takes for MEPS to review your documents and schedule you for an appointment? I submitted my medical documents a few weeks ago and am still waiting on MEPS to give me a date. Getting a little nervous I won't have my kit in for this board because of it.. :(
I went through MEPs 2 months ago only to find out 2 weeks ago that they never did a depth perception test. Was able to get in right away and get it done. PQ letter showed up today and package will be submitted tomorrow. Moral of the story.....MEPs can be your best friend, and your worse enemy. Just worry about what's in your control and it will work out. Good luck!

exNavyOffRec

MEPs can be your best friend

MEPS and best friend can never be used in the same sentence, to think you used that analogy is scary, and it makes me think if you are able to relate to that analogy that you need to get rid of your friends and start over.

Unless you like that punishment, in that case what you need to do is right after you get back from your first deployment marry the first girl you meet.

MikeMillerUK

Nearing the end of Primary
Contributor
Same happened to me. No depth perception test. Seems like a pretty bad oversight to make. Anyways, took care of it with an optometrist visit the following week and sent it in. Not much trouble, but annoying nonetheless.

KnightFlight

So I'll definitely be "reminding" the good people at MEPS that I have to do a depth perception test.. good to know :D

Well the depth perception test at MEPS is terrible anyway. The equipment is ancient and the proctors rush you through it without telling you that you are allowed to take as long as you want (take your time). I made it through line C before the proctor told me I have pretty much no depth perception, which I know is false. I went to an ophthalmologist the next day for an arc test and easily scored the highest amount possible. My ophthalmology report was accepted to replace the MEPS score. My recruiter told me a lot of his recruits have been failing the arc test at MEPS and going to the ophthalmologist/optometrist and getting perfect scores. Before you take it at MEPS I suggest researching the test for tips to pass, I found the tips after the fact so I'm lucky they accepted my ophthalmology report. I want to say I found a list of tips when searching Google which sent me to a yahoo answers thread, different things work for different folks so try them all. Good luck!
Also, don't pass out in the line waiting to get your blood drawn and smash your face into the wall busting your mouth open like the kid in front of me did. You don't want to leave MEPS in the wambulance haha :eek:

Jules_W

So I'll definitely be "reminding" the good people at MEPS that I have to do a depth perception test.. good to know :D

Definitely do this. The people working at MEPS are just stuck in a loop processing so many people all day long the exact same way, so they can forget that they need to do special eye tests for the aviation applicants. When I was there, my nurse remembered at the last possible second and I got it done, but it was definitely cutting it close.