• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 09 Boards

vmiclarkpe

I live in the VA Beach area but I'm pretty sure my recruiter is out of the Richmond area...I haven't heard anything back AT ALL yet...I'm getting very anxious...Who's your recruiter Hokifire? And have you heard back anything from him/her?

bob88899

Call your recruiter... or go to the usnavy.ocs forum... a few recruiters there have the list if you pm them.. see the november 2009 board thread... they helped me out when i couldnt contact my recruiter(i think they closed the office for a long weekend?)... i found out i was Pro-rec NFO... then when i finnaly got ahold of my recruiter he confirmed it (but he had no clue it was out.... i had to tell him..)

akhopeful

Been lurking around here for a long time, but the account I had never got 'verified' so I never posted. Just made a new one today. Anyway...

Just got selected last week- Pro-rec Pilot/NFO. I'm going Pilot.

As my first post, here are my stats as in introduction (has been posted at NavyOCS.com for any of you who are also on there)-

26/M

No Prior

ASTB: 9/9/9/70

Graduated w/ BS in Biology w/ Minor in Chemistry, 3.7 CUM GPA from University of Portland. Nearing completion of Master's degree in Biology from Uni. Alaska Anchorage, 4.0 GPA

Flight Exp: Private with tailwheel and High Perf endorsements. 81 hrs total time.

Recent Volunteer Exp: Hospital in two different departments. Habitat for Humanity, Special Olympics, regular (bi-weekly) platelet donation. 3 week medical trip volunteer- Asayo's Wish Foundation orphanage in rural Uganda.

LORs - 1 professor, 1 fellow grad student, founder of Ugandan orphanage that I volunteered at last year. Also, 2 'employers' who are currently my graduate advisors (professors).

Obstacles: 4 criminal charges. All pretty petty, and occured when I was 15, 17 and 21. Nonetheless, I screwed up a few times and they are there and certainly do not help my app!
-------------------

I'm age critical, need to be commissioned by end of July so my OR is busting to try to get Final Select out by the Christmas stand-down, ie next week. I'm available for the Jan 24 OCS class, but hopefully it doesn't happen THAT QUICK, I have to drive down from Alaska and all, 5000 miles, 13 days of official travel. I'm hoping to get the second Feb class date.

Hopefully see some of you there!!!

STS1

FS Letters

Anyone hear anything on their FS letters yet? I hoping before stand down but i doubt that it will really happen.

m26

Contributor
I'm still hoping to get a MEPS date before I have to go home...

I wonder if they'd let me do MEPS in NY. Hmm...

bob88899

I think they will let you do meps anywhere you want, just have to get it scheduled... i guess you would just mail your records you get from meps at the end to your recruiter.

m26

Contributor
I hope so. I can get in-state tuition if I can get a FS by mid-January. Probably won't happen, but I'm going to try for it. Getting MEPS done ASAP is a priority, but I'll be leaving next Friday, and won't be back here until the 8th.

Grizzly

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that you can swear in before you officially receive the FS letter, that way you will be ready to go when you do get it. Also I think you can swear in other places besides your ORS. These are all qualified statements, again correct me if I'm wrong.

bob88899

My recruiter made it seem like i sweared in after you get the fullselect. He told me id do it right in his office too..

Grizzly

The way I heard it was that one could swear in, before getting the FS letter. Then when they receive the letter they would be sworn in already. Doesn't allow someone to start getting paid earlier or anything like that. It just eliminates getting sworn later, in case someone isn't around or leaves the country.

m26

Contributor
It could be one of those things where you sign the paper, but don't submit it until it becomes official?