• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 09 Boards

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
Ok, so does anybody have a clue as to how long it will take to get your FS after everything is in? There had been a brief issue of waiting to be deemed "physically qualified" but that happened a few weeks ago. So... How much longer? Security clearance is done, medical, PRT, everything. Just waiting for the letter. And waiting. And waiting. Any thoughts guys?

m26

Contributor
My processor said that it had moved up, so theoretically it should be en route. I'm hopeful, but I was hopeful for the last 4 weeks. :/

SticknRudder

Picked up in the November boards, had my FS letter last week but they yanked it at the last second...apparently the fresh ensign who performed my PRT fudged up a number on the paperwork, so it's back to the waiting game -- hopefully looking for FS letter v.2.0 this week!

m26

Contributor
^^^^^^^^^

I'm waiting on a million things I have to do once I get sworn in. I just want it all done. :/

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
FS Letter is in...!

Freaking awesome! I am jealous as well.

So I talked to my OR today and she told me that the status of my letter is "pending signature". So it is on somebody's desk, just sitting, waiting, twittiling it's thumbs.
But that should mean soon.
Has anybody else noticed that there seems to be people going straight to OCS that are getting their letters rather than those of us going BDCP. Makes me think that there is a rather annoying method to the madness... hmm...
"sittin' on the dock of the bay, watchin' the tide roll away. Sittin' on the dock of the bay, wastin' time."

m26

Contributor
Exactly. They just don't want to pay us, Doc! *gasp*

I was "pending signature" on 22 Jan. I want to go buy my BDCPmobile, dangit! :p

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
26, when are you graduating? Prior to Dec '11? And what exactly is a BDCPmobile? Is that the new car? Nice. Yeah, I was looking at cars that I WON'T be able to afford until at least after I grad from OCS and start making O pay.(Praise God for O1(E?) over 6!) Specifically, a BMW M3 and an Audi S5. Yeah.... "Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'
plannin' and dreamin'..."

m26

Contributor
December 2010.

Yep. I don't have particularly expensive taste, just tired of taking the bus. The really fancy stuff will have to wait until later. :/

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
Just don't make the mistake that I made when I was an E3<1 when we bought the slightly more expensive car with a LOT higher credit rate (11% instead of 6%). Yeah, we have been paying for that mistake for a while. Go cheap, go used, if you are financing, do it with the bank BEFORE you go to the lot and DO NOT GO OVER WHAT THE BANK WILL GIVE YOU!
Lessons learned by the junior enlisted.

m26

Contributor
Whoa, yeah, I'm not sure I'll buy anything with an APR I can't count on one hand. I don't mind paying a bit for car, but I don't want to pay money for money.

SticknRudder

Oh and dear god please don't go and buy a bike with one of those silly monthly offers 'cause when that's done, you'll be paying out your butt in interest...yeah that one new bike and I have to sell BOTH bikes and the trailer to break even urghhh.

m26

Contributor
Signed and arrived, but both officers are out of the office, so I'll swear in Thursday (*fingers crossed until it's done*).