• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 09 Boards

blarged

ready
All I can say is I wouldn't be signing any papers for what "should" happen. We have all heard enough story of strange things happening in the application process.

akhopeful

Haha, I take that as a compliment! :icon_tong Turns out I HAD to get scores like that. Those 4 criminal charges that I have have been the bane of my existence for the last 2 1/2 years. I had to score REALLY high so that the board would look past my 'crazy' past (which wasn't so crazy at all, just unlucky!). I'm also 26 now and have been in school my entire life, so... I've gotten fairly good at taking stupid tests at this point!

JTH

Welcome to the wait boys... take a look at the SEP/OCT thread. Out of everyone picked up only 2-3 of us have FS in hand. A few more have gotten "unofficial" start dates for 24 JAN OCS but are still waiting on the official FS letters. I had MEPS, JPAS and PRT finished before I went to the board and now, 8 weeks later still don't have the FS letter. No need to worry, things will slow down for the holiday season. It seems as though it has been taking about 2 months from pro-rec to get FS and the holidays are only adding to that.

Stay in touch with your recruiter and make sure that you "help" the process along. ie, drop by and say whats up, ask if your clearance is open, ask if you can help do anything to make it smoother, etc. Ask any of us from the Sep/Oct board if you have any questions about the FS process/wait.

fuzzy

i've been done meps/security etc. for a while, but just got done with the IFA, submitted that final part yesterday to processing. my or told me 2-4 wks on the FS letter, but yeah.. who knows. like everyone else, I'll give the word if I hear anything official. My OR told me he'd swear me in as soon as I received the FS. not sure whether you can do it first bc you aren't truly accepted to OCS until they generate the letter, but either way I wouldn't think it mattered so long as you get to OCS on time. cheers to waiting! better than waiting for the pro-rec!!

fuzzy86

hey all, its fuzzy... site was giving me login problems so i just made a new username... anyways... got the call yesterday... looks like I'll be classing up on Feb 14 2010!!! Prrrretty quick turnaround, but I also enlisted back in May 09 so my security background check, medical, etc.. has been done for a verrrrry long time!! Maybe I'll see you folks there, if not good luck to everybody!!!

m26

Contributor
Doc, you've returned!

Called my processor on 22 Jan and he said that, according to O-TOOLS, "final select awaiting signature." And I'm still a-waiting... :p

AztecLax02

So does anybody besides Fuzzy have their FS yet?

I was told about a month ago that it looked as if I would be in the 14 FEB class according to the notes in OTOOLS and received a digital copy of my FS letter last Wednesday confirming that. Very quick turnaround... I'm very excited to get to Newport this weekend!

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
Yeah, so my OR says that my status is "waiting for FS". I think she meant that my status was "sit down, shut up, quit asking over and over, be patient, as soon as the FS Letter comes in I will call you". I think that is my actual official status. Everything else is done. They took a little while to decide if I was physically qualified, but that's over with, now it's just that stinking letter. I really could handle getting some money here folks, you know, bdcp and all. Oh, in case anyone is interested, 12 days ago I joined the ranks of fathers of two sons. First is 4y/o, 2nd was born on the 27th of Jan. I was hoping to get that letter on the 27th. It would have been a very good day. =)

m26

Contributor
Congrats, Doc!

I hear you, I could go for some moneys. More importantly, I want to be able to talk to my VA rep about tuition. Odds aren't good at this point, but I'm hoping...