• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 09 Boards

nathano7

I was shooting for October boards, but it looks like it will be November Boards. Had a medical set back at MEPS, I have to have my dermatologists send in some records.

24/M

6/6/6 52

3.0GPA
BSBA Int'l Bus/Spanish

I'm just waiting for the dermatologist notes and finalize the rest of my package then I should be good to go.

Any others looking at Nov boards?

chase580

I had to wait on my PRK waiver so it looks like I'll be applying on the November boards too.

SNA
SWO
SUP

26 M

3.33 GPA
Finance
Well rounded extracurricular activities - student govt., sports, honor societies (vp)

51 5/5/5 (not too happy with the 5's, will retake if not selected)

Good motivational statement (at least I think so :))

Strong LORs
Boss, O-8 Retired, 0-7 USAF, Professor, State Representative

I'm running out of time because of my age, so I'm hoping for the "whole person" concept since my GPA and ASTB isn't as standout as it could be.

m26

Contributor
I was shooting for October boards, but it looks like it will be November Boards. Had a medical set back at MEPS, I have to have my dermatologists send in some records. Any others looking at Nov boards?

I am. That's too bad about MEPS. My NRD doesn't even want MEPS before sending it to the boards. But they do want transcripts and letters of recommendation, which were lost in the mail :icon_rage. So I'm hoping for November.

21/M
BDCP
SWO/Supply/SNFO

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
So.... My recruiter is not the most communicative type. Can anybody tell me if I am a decent candidate here? And also, how important is it to get LORs from military people. My OR thinks that since I will have several LORs from previous employers that is good enough. I am not convinced.

26y/o Male
3.5 GPA
USN/USNR 2004 to present. HM2 (picked up fast. Eligible for 1st Class on the next cycle.)
Public Health/Pre-Med
ASTB 6/6/5/54 (could do better. I was sleep deprived)
Decent motivational statement. (heck, I can post it if people will help me with it)
Shooting for SNA or SWO.

Thoughts? Do I stand a decent chance?

m26

Contributor
Can anybody tell me if I am a decent candidate here? .... Do I stand a decent chance?

No one knows that isn't sitting at the review board. So don't ask that question...

We have found over the years that new posters to Naval Aviation are very curious and tend to create threads faster than a M16 in full auto and the temptation to ask the verboten "What are my chances?". That said, the practice of push back on certain questions is generally no different than what you'll experience in any Ready Room. In that fashion, AW serves a "Virtual Ready Room" or rock tumbler to smooth some of the rough edges on a newbie's quest to a cockpit.

Ultimately, if you want to be a Naval Officer, go for it 100% and let the chips fall where they may. Don't let the odds get in the way of your dreams.

-The consensus is that best letters come from people who know you well, and can effectively communicate why you would make a good candidate. Letters from O-5+ types are helpful, but it's generally better to have an excellent letter from a professor or E-7 that knows you really well than from the Admiral you bumped into yesterday.

-Your statement can go here

-Look around here for recent board results, also check AW thoroughly. You'll get a rough idea of where you stand.

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
Thanks. I did post the moto statement on that other thread, let me know what you think.
I will be a Navy officer, it is just a matter of how, when and what type. Like I said, I am Pre-Med, so if I don't get BDCP and Aviation, then it is on to USUHS or HPSP and Med School. Thanks again.

kidday03

I am shooting for the Nov board, I take the ASTB in 2 weeks, sure I will do okay. Will update my stats after I take it.

Supply Only

26/F

Prior: USMC/5 years/Sgt
Current: Navy Reserves/YN2

GPA: 3.76
Degree: BS/Government

Interview: Capt/Navy/CO of Supply Corps School

Awards: JSCOM, JCOM, NAM, GC, Afghan Campaign, LOA

LOR's: Colonel/Army, LtCol/Army, CDR/Navy, CW03/USMC

Strong motivational statement

Volunteer: American Red Cross, English tutor, VFW Memorial volunteer.

bob88899

I just completed my package yesterday... the processor is looking it over and hopefully its off to the board...I'm eagerly awaiting the novemeber board w/the rest of you. Also waiting to go back to MEPS (physical expired!, bahh i hate that place!) Are the interviews for Priors? (I didnt have to do one?)

Non-prior
24 y/o Male
3.0 GPA
B.S Sociology/Anthropology

Applying: NFO/SWO
46.5 Flight Hrs... No license.. (got right up to my solo-cross countries and ran out of money! So saving back up to finnish that up...)
ASTB 6/7/6/51 (is this a competative score?)
LOR: 3 employer references

kidday03

I just completed my package yesterday... the processor is looking it over and hopefully its off to the board...I'm eagerly awaiting the novemeber board w/the rest of you. Also waiting to go back to MEPS (physical expired!, bahh i hate that place!) Are the interviews for Priors? (I didnt have to do one?)

Non-prior
24 y/o Male
3.0 GPA
B.S Sociology/Anthropology

Applying: NFO/SWO
46.5 Flight Hrs... No license.. (got right up to my solo-cross countries and ran out of money! So saving back up to finnish that up...)
ASTB 6/7/6/51 (is this a competative score?)
LOR: 3 employer references

The interviews are not required, I am just doing one to help improve my package. About your ASTB score, it depends who you are up against, who's on the board and how competetive your overall package is. Good luck on the board.

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
Posted this over at NavyOCS, figured I would do it here as well :D. Also, to answer your question Bob, interviews are required for Active duty bubba's, optional for civilians.

27/M
Apply SNA only

Active Duty AO2, 7 1/2 yrs

Eval - EP, MP, MP

PRT - GH, GH, GH (next PRT is in about 3 weeks, looking to improve)

OAR - 46 4/5/4 (crap score, will retake if NS, esp since PO1 exams are over now, more time to devote to studying)

Grad - Saint Leo University, BA in CJ, 3.84 GPA (Cum Laude)

Awards - 1 NAM, 2 GC, 1 SSOQ (first PO2 to get it at command), numerous LOA's

Interviews, all three are pilots
2 O-6's (1 TRAWING Commodore, 1 Admiral CoS)
1 LCDR
Great write ups from all

LOR
CNATRA PAO

Secret Clearance

NEC's
0812, 9525

Collateral's
Command Training Team (indoc and NP&P instructor), Command Funeral Honors/Color Guard LPO, 3-M WCS, Training PO, Navy community service coordinator, RSO, HAZMAT PO and Fire Warden

Volunteer
Numerous individual events (Food bank, Special Olympics, etc) Regular local PD training volunteer

TheDude86

Hello all

I too am submitting for the Nov. boards. Seems like we have some strong candidates in this room. Hopefully we'll all be seeing each other in Newport in the next few months.

23/m

Miami of Ohio 09
BA - Political Science
BM - Music Performance (boomdiggity)
2.9GPA (yeah...)

5/6/6 52 ASTB

Extracurriculars and LOR's to accommodate.

I'm curious about the pool of candidates for these next few boards. I'm hoping that the volume won't be as sizable as the past few months now that fall semester has begun.

Out of curiosity, anyone else from Michigan? (Ann Arbor)

"The Dude abides"

kidday03

Hello all

I too am submitting for the Nov. boards. Seems like we have some strong candidates in this room. Hopefully we'll all be seeing each other in Newport in the next few months.

23/m

Miami of Ohio 09
BA - Political Science
BM - Music Performance (boomdiggity)
2.9GPA (yeah...)

5/6/6 52 ASTB

Extracurriculars and LOR's to accommodate.

I'm curious about the pool of candidates for these next few boards. I'm hoping that the volume won't be as sizable as the past few months now that fall semester has begun.

Out of curiosity, anyone else from Michigan? (Ann Arbor)

"The Dude abides"

What communities are you applying for?

TheDude86

What communities are you applying for?

I'll be applying for Intel, NFO, and SWO. Good luck on your ASTB, by the way. I'm sure you'll do fine. It really isn't as treacherous as most think. Having a superfluity of knowledge in aviation terminology and a bit of meteorology will go a long way. Thats where I was taken down a peg or two.

zbeasley

I'll be applying for Intel, NFO, and SWO. Good luck on your ASTB, by the way. I'm sure you'll do fine. It really isn't as treacherous as most think. Having a superfluity of knowledge in aviation terminology and a bit of meteorology will go a long way. Thats where I was taken down a peg or two.

"Stay out of Malibu Lebowski"

Rass

I think November is my month as well. Crossing my fingers and praying to the good lord i get a spot.

1. SNA-BDCP
2. NFO-BDCP
3. SWO-BDCP

Just turned 25
Male
ASTB: 6/7/7/65
Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 3.25 (senior 7 months till graduation)

LOR:
3 Bosses (1 of which was a Marine),
0-5 (Ret.) Air Force RIO (back seater),
Mech. Eng. Proffessor
PT: 55pu/60su/11:59-1.5mile

Many Hours of community service.

Experience Managing Steel Union Workers
American Society of HVAC Engineers (Vice President)
International Mechanical Engineering Honor Society (Member)
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (Member)