• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 09 Boards

bob88899

Officially Pro-Rec NFO! My recruiter didnt even know it came out until i told him it was out and had to check, but he is out of the office alot.... Congrats to everyone who got selected!

vbboy

Accepted BDCP!!

Just got the call from my recruiter.
Pro-Rec BDCP, I called 3 weeks ago and they said I didn't get it, guess I did. And today is my 21st birthday, my recruiter didn't even know.

Stats were 3.2 GPA economics major 6-6-6 55 ASTB
Summer Internship Booz Allen Hamilton
5 LOR former employers, a captain and a commander
Forgot my PRT's but they were fine

I am still in awe, especially after getting the call 3 weeks ago of not getting in.

Grizzly

Next to the pro-rec waiting for FS is the next bummer. Navy only has one gear, slow and steady. At least it isn't mysterious anymore, all I have to do now is wait... and wait! Congrats to everyone.

Aerolee

Pro-Rec SNA!

Recruiter told me we're going to try and get my physical and PRT done before Christmas so I can get my Final Select.

hokifire

All right, sweet. I'm feelin that NFO pro-rec love, too. I just graduated college, got a job, and moved. Does anyone have wisdom as to what point it's a good idea to start breaking leases, giving 2-week's notice (if I'm keeping my stuff in my parents' house)?

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
All right, sweet. I'm feelin that NFO pro-rec love, too. I just graduated college, got a job, and moved. Does anyone have wisdom as to what point it's a good idea to start breaking leases, giving 2-week's notice (if I'm keeping my stuff in my parents' house)?

When you find out your OCS date and get your FS letter IMHO.

Nika

I’ve been quietly patrolling the forums for the last few months and now just wanted to say thanks for all of the helpful input from everyone. Just heard from my recruiter Pro-rec SWO!! Thanks again!

AztecLax02

Fs sna/nfo/swo

Just found out that I am a final select for SNA/NFO/SWO. I have never been so stoked....

Congrats to all those who have heard back, see you in Newport. Seems that we are the last selects that will get an OCS date for FY10. Good luck to everyone waiting to get word from your OR's.

blarged

ready
Just found out that I am a final select for SNA/NFO/SWO. I have never been so stoked....

Congrats to all those who have heard back, see you in Newport. Seems that we are the last selects that will get an OCS date for FY10. Good luck to everyone waiting to get word from your OR's.

If you are in the November boards, you probably mean pro-rec. Although it isn't unheard of someone to have a turn-a-round from select to OCS very quickly.

On another note, FY10 ends next September 30th, so I would highly doubt that the November selects are the last of FY10.

AztecLax02

If you are in the November boards, you probably mean pro-rec. Although it isn't unheard of someone to have a turn-a-round from select to OCS very quickly.

On another note, FY10 ends next September 30th, so I would highly doubt that the November selects are the last of FY10.

I was pro-rec'd for SNA/NFO/SWO, but I did mean final select (I have not received my FS letter with an OCS date yet, so to be more clear I will say pro-rec'd and medically cleared or a "final selectee" in short) because my medical was submitted and cleared while my package was at the board. So I am the rare exception because I went to MEPS with the Air Force before I even took the ASTB. My OR confirmed this verbal "final select" determination today, now I just have to wait for the hard copy.

That is correct that the FY10 closes next september, but from the scuttlebutt that I have heard OCS is so backed up that they have reached the maximum number of candidate selects that they can place for FY10. So from here on out all further boards will be filling FY11 OCS slots.

Rev

pilot
Well unfortunately I was not selected this month. I had kind of prepared myself for this though and figured I would have to reapply. Sure doesn't make it suck any less though On the plus side, finals are over this week and I have almost a month to devote myself to preparing for a retake of the ASTB.

Interestingly enough, my OR told me I would have to wait at least 6 months to reapply regardless if I improved my score. I was under the impression that if you were to make a sizable improvement to your package that you could reapply sooner. Thoughts?

Other than retaking the ASTB if anyone has any other suggestions I'm more than open to them.

Congrats to everyone who was picked up. I hope one day (soon) I'll be able to join you!

hokifire

Hey, does anybody that heard good news from this board (or any others) and is working on a final select live around the Fredericksburg/Richmond, VA area?