• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

exNavyOffRec

I've kind of been dealing with two recruiters...both Petty Officers. Second recruiter just chimed in with an email...saying that I can only apply for SWO and Supply....

It sounds as if the only thing those 2 are missing are a football.

Are you in an area that is near another NRD? you wouldn't happen to be working with NRD St. Louis would you?

USSMaximus

Oh, that's what KMC and I are waiting for. The problem is, is that our schools haven't conferred the degrees yet. It could take anywhere from "6-8" weeks from graduation. So, if we graduated in December, we will not make it in time.

tawojt

I would let RUFIO give input on this, it should be interesting like the last time, at least for me :)

are you in Portland or in one of the remote areas that they cover?

Was in one of the more remote areas when I started my application but am now actually in Portland.

EDIT:
"Once we as a district are at 100% for applications for any particular program, we are closed out. The nation wants no more pilot and nfo applicants from us." -Most recent email...

Is it possible to finish processing through a different NRD (like Seattle)?

Last edited:

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
It sounds as if the only thing those 2 are missing are a football.

Are you in an area that is near another NRD? you wouldn't happen to be working with NRD St. Louis would you?

I worked with NRD St. Louis. My packet was only held up because of an individual going on leave and not telling anyone to push it up. Now it's all good.

zsmall1

prepare for two physicals if the hip surgery was a significant orthopedic surgery. one standard MEPS physical and one secondary consultation with the Navy's orthopedic surgeon. push to have your MEPS done asap so you can get your secondary consult scheduled and completed asap. I did MEPS in October and am still waiting to have a secondary consult. maybe you get lucky and don't need one.
It was a significant orthopedic procedure so that's good to know. Hopefully I can just have the secondary one waived since I'm fine now and it was over two years ago. Thanks for the help.

haimehhh

It was a significant orthopedic procedure so that's good to know. Hopefully I can just have the secondary one waived since I'm fine now and it was over two years ago. Thanks for the help.

mine was in 2007 simple acl reconstruction and had full release from my ortho and he is one of the best in the world but they (navy) just want to cover their bases.

see if you can jointly schedule MEPS and that consult concurrently or maybe two consecutive days if your NRD is far away from you.

just stuff I wish would have known prior. good luck.

Nothing has been put out about Pilot and NFO not accepting applications anymore, not even a rumor.

I just spoke with my recruiter, also from NRD Portland like the earlier commenter, and I am being told that SWO/NFO/Pilot are all being closed until September. I was told that no applications are being accepted for the February board. Considering those are my three choices, I have nothing now. Is this an NRD Portland specific thing? Why would this be? I understand you said applications can still be submitted, but why won't mine be seen for the February board?

bluehens15

I just spoke with my recruiter, also from NRD Portland like the earlier commenter, and I am being told that SWO/NFO/Pilot are all being closed until September. I was told that no applications are being accepted for the February board. Considering those are my three choices, I have nothing now. Is this an NRD Portland specific thing? Why would this be? I understand you said applications can still be submitted, but why won't mine be seen for the February board?
I think this goes along with what Rufio was saying. They are accepting applications but no one will leave until October 2015, if I understand correctly. Rufio has been on point with all the updated information so far. It seems like the ORs all have varying information. I just emailed mine so when I get a response I will report what he said

tawojt

Did your recruiter push you to submit for Supply?

Did your recruiter push you to submit for Supply?

Yes. And IW. I flat out don't want those. I want the programs for which my application supposedly won't be seen until September. What in the world is going on in Portland? I specifically asked if a SWO application wouldn't be seen until September too and the answer was yes, which seems to contradict what your OR said. If true that sucks, because I'd be willing to settle for SWO if I can't get pilot/NFO, but if SWO were off the table I have nothing.

tawojt

Yes. And IW. I flat out don't want those. I want the programs for which my application supposedly won't be seen until September. What in the world is going on in Portland? I specifically asked if a SWO application wouldn't be seen until September too and the answer was yes, which seems to contradict what your OR said. If true that sucks, because I'd be willing to settle for SWO if I can't get pilot/NFO, but if SWO were off the table I have nothing.

My OR also said that no packages for those designators would be seen until whatever board happens after September 30th...who is your recruiter?

I would also be willing to go for SWO if I couldn't get Pilot or NFO, but of course I at least want my package to be seen by those boards before I apply for other things.