• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
SWO board expected to meet in February, no exact date yet. In the case you're selected, be expected to ship out no sooner than October 2015 unless you're age critical.
How soon before you age out does the Navy want you in OCS? And does my recruiter need to do anything or will the processors automatically recognize that I need to be out the door early?

iFly14

pilot
SWO board expected to meet in February, no exact date yet. In the case you're selected, be expected to ship out no sooner than October 2015 unless you're age critical.

The OCT 2015 ship date, is that SWO specific, or across the spectrum (SNA, NFO, etc.)?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
How soon before you age out does the Navy want you in OCS? And does my recruiter need to do anything or will the processors automatically recognize that I need to be out the door early?

Age critical is anyone within six months of reaching max age. As for shipping, they'll typically put you in the closest class possible. I've seen folks age critical ship out within 2-3 weeks of receiving a FINSEL.

The OCT 2015 ship date, is that SWO specific, or across the spectrum (SNA, NFO, etc.)?

This is for SWO only.

tawojt

Just got this email from my recruiter...

"We just got off a conference call and we have been told they have closed Pilot and NFO. This means we will put SWO as 1st choice, Pilot as 2nd Choice and NFO as 3rd Choice."

Has anyone heard anything similar? What exactly might he mean by this?

exNavyOffRec

"We just got off a conference call and we have been told they have closed Pilot and NFO. This means we will put SWO as 1st choice, Pilot as 2nd Choice and NFO as 3rd Choice."

I would let RUFIO chime in on this, he will give the no bullshit info on this.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Well there you go, the dumbest thing I've heard today.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Just to clarify, I wasn't going off on the poster, but rather the recruiter who mentioned that. Just because a certain program is "at capacity" or "full for the year" DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T STILL APPLY ANYWAY CAPS CAPS !!!!ONEONEONE If anything, it just means that you'll be going to OCS no sooner than July 1st. Unless your OR can show something on paper that says you cannot apply for SWO/Pilot/NFO/whatever, by all means you can still submit an application.

The "I heard ______ is closed which means I can't apply right?" is just as annoying as @webmaster or any of the AW Admin having to deal with the "what % gets jets?" question.

exNavyOffRec

Just to clarify, I wasn't going off on the poster, but rather the recruiter who mentioned that. Just because a certain program is "at capacity" or "full for the year" DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T STILL APPLY ANYWAY CAPS CAPS !!!!ONEONEONE If anything, it just means that you'll be going to OCS no sooner than July 1st. Unless your OR can show something on paper that says you cannot apply for SWO/Pilot/NFO/whatever, by all means you can still submit an application.

The "I heard ______ is closed which means I can't apply right?" is just as annoying as @webmaster or any of the AW Admin having to deal with the "what % gets jets?" question.

If NRC truly closes a program I bet they will send an email out like they have before saying "do not send applications"

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
Is each recruiter missioned with a certain amount of SWO/Pilot/NFO slots? Could it be that he's at his goal for Pilot and NFO, but not for SWO?

KMC1020

I hope we get a date soon. I just got word that I need my complete official transcript since I just graduated on 19 Dec which I won't be able to get until next week. If the board was scheduled for 1 Feb 15, when would we have to have our kits in? I'm worried I'll be cutting it close since they haven't even sent my kit up for review

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
You're in luck, February 1st is a Sunday! But if it's on the 2nd, most likely the packets will be due by Friday or maybe Monday the January 12th.