• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
FYI. Do not wait until the last minute to get your kits in for this. You should be planning on turning your Pilot/NFO/SWOs in December/early January for this February board. No clue if it will be a combined or two separate (Pilot/NFO and SWO) boards.

Some processing guidance from NRC:

"We've been getting quite a few calls here lately asking when the next SWO and PILOT/NFO board is going to be held. Reason being is that our GENOFF PMs are now trying to ORDPRO kits within 5 business days of receiving them (Note: 5 days is not a CRUITMAN policy, just a reasonable target we set). We're doing this for a couple reasons:

1. The NRDs do not see credit on the application goaling report until the kit is ORDPRO'd. If we wait until we get closer to the board, say three months from now, then the report will not reflect the number of applications submitted, which gives a false since of where we stand. So I know the NRDs, as well as those of us tracking applications, need to see where we stand regarding goals.

2. The sooner we can review a kit, the sooner we can identify any issues that may keep it from going to board. This should get the kit back to the NRDs with time to work any issues before the board. (Once a kit is ORDPRO'd then it's a complete kit and is ready for board; nothing else is needed)

Right now we are planning for the next SWO & PILOT/NFO boards to be in the February time frame."

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Point of clarification. Does this now mean that when a kit is ORDPRO'd that a board is not immeninet, but just that it is a final confirmation of a complete kit. Instead of waiting for "At PM," waiting for it to stay there, and hoping for the best?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Point of clarification. Does this now mean that when a kit is ORDPRO'd that a board is not imminent but just that it is a final confirmation of a complete kit. Instead of waiting for "At PM," waiting for it to stay there, and hoping for the best?

Correct, it just means your kit is ready to be reviewed at the board, whenever that might be.

mhunter

None
I have been reading through this forum for a few years now and this is my first post. My kit was submitted to go to the SWO and NFO boards on 31 Oct. I've heard from my OR that they are still pushing for a lot of SWOs/Pilots/NFOs. If that is true, do you think the selection rates for this next board will be as high as the last? Also, is there a chance the board will be held any earlier than Feb?

FleetR

Hopefully I can get my package done for this board. I have questions if anyone can answer...
1) Is the drug screening I need to send in just a regular Urinalysis from my Reserve Command or something more in depth?
2) The Air Force Doc that did my 2807 and 2808 said I need a Navy Flight Surgeon to sign off on hearing cause she wasn't authorized. There are none of those remotely close to the middle of Kansas.
If i send in my medical for approval anyways and they approve would it even matter what the air force says?

FormerRecruitingGuru

So there isn't a push for SWO right now?

So many SWOs have been selected from the June and October boards that need to be classed up before selecting more. The need for SWO will come, just that NRC needs to push the FINSELs out before they convene any more boards.

USSMaximus

Thank you for your response RUFIO. I hope that this doesn't make the next SWO board have a low acceptance rate. I also hope that this doesn't push back the FINSELs longer for those who get a PROREC Y in February.

Ryan Nesbit

Hey, I just wanted to come to this thread for advice. I've been on the site for a couple of weeks and took my ASTB today. My scores were 47, 5/6/6. Realistically, I already know I have to retake the test, there's no other way around it for now. I plan on getting my package together for this next board, but I have a feeling that I should wait til the board after this one so I can improve my scores. Just some background on me:
22 years old
Applying for SNA/SNFO/Intel
BA in Anthropology from U.C Davis, 3.24 GPA
LOR's: Retired O-5, High school Track Coach, 2 Employment References, Reference from Professor, a retired O-4 and O-7 (both possibilities, not for sure yet).
This is just a brief description of my package. I plan on studying for my second ASTB and attending a ground school at the local airport. Is there any other advice anyone can give for now?