• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

KMC1020

That;s definitely not what I wanted to hear! The earliest I could get my transcript is Monday. Well damn, what now

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
Well, so far we haven't heard anything so you're good up until then. Can you call and sweet talk the transcript office and let them know your situation? If it's not to much of a liberal school, they might help you out.

KMC1020

Oh trust me I tried. The lady was rude and didn't get two flying hoots about why I needed it faster.

zsmall1

Hopefully someone can chime in here on what I need to do to make sure my application is submitted on time for the next SWO board...my evals, OAR, medical paperwork from a prior hip surgery, and the paperwork I completed at my recruiter's office is all complete but I am still awaiting a date for my physical. I was pushing for a date in December but due to the holiday schedule my recruiter wasn't able to make it happen. He also made it seem like everyone in the NYC area goes for the physical on the same day but he didn't clarify this. I have been persistent in maintaining contact with him but I'm getting the feeling that something could go wrong here. So before I really push him to make moves, what's the absolute latest date I could have my physical done and still make this next board? I will be furious if I miss this board so really appreciate some guidance here and any insight on what the physical exam process entails. Thanks.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
Hopefully someone can chime in here on what I need to do to make sure my application is submitted on time for the next SWO board...my evals, OAR, medical paperwork from a prior hip surgery, and the paperwork I completed at my recruiter's office is all complete but I am still awaiting a date for my physical. I was pushing for a date in December but due to the holiday schedule my recruiter wasn't able to make it happen. He also made it seem like everyone in the NYC area goes for the physical on the same day but he didn't clarify this. I have been persistent in maintaining contact with him but I'm getting the feeling that something could go wrong here. So before I really push him to make moves, what's the absolute latest date I could have my physical done and still make this next board? I will be furious if I miss this board so really appreciate some guidance here and any insight on what the physical exam process entails. Thanks.
has your OR submitted the paperwork for MEPS to review the details of your surgery? Your recruiter could just be waiting for feedback from the docs to see if you can go do the physical. Worth looking into.

tawojt

Just to clarify, I wasn't going off on the poster, but rather the recruiter who mentioned that. Just because a certain program is "at capacity" or "full for the year" DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T STILL APPLY ANYWAY CAPS CAPS !!!!ONEONEONE If anything, it just means that you'll be going to OCS no sooner than July 1st. Unless your OR can show something on paper that says you cannot apply for SWO/Pilot/NFO/whatever, by all means you can still submit an application.

The "I heard ______ is closed which means I can't apply right?" is just as annoying as @webmaster or any of the AW Admin having to deal with the "what % gets jets?" question.

I expected as much, and I told my recruiter that I would like to take my chances and keep SNA as my first designator, followed by SWO and NFO. He replied with the following email:

"I understand, however, I cannot send your application as is due to Pilot and NFO are closed. If you want to keep your application as is it will not be open till 30 September 2015 to submit your application. If you want to put your application in now, then SWO will need to be your first choice followed by Pilot and NFO. Pilot and NFO are no longer able to be first choice designations for the rest of this year. Please let me know how you would like me to proceed."

What can/should I do in this situation? He seems literally unwilling to submit my application the way I want to...so close to the end of the road here with the application process, kinda frustrating to run into this type of snafu.

Last edited:

zsmall1

@enlUSMC I believe so. I gave him several pages of documentation and a CD with all the images but that was way back in the first week of December. Maybe it just takes MEPS longer to review than I thought.

KnightFlight

I expected as much, and I told my recruiter that I would like to take my chances and keep SNA as my first designator, followed by SWO and NFO. He replied with the following email:

"I understand, however, I cannot send your application as is due to Pilot and NFO are closed. If you want to keep your application as is it will not be open till 30 September 2015 to submit your application. If you want to put your application in now, then SWO will need to be your first choice followed by Pilot and NFO. Pilot and NFO are no longer able to be first choice designations for the rest of this year. Please let me know how you would like me to proceed."

What can/should I do in this situation? He seems literally unwilling to submit my application the way I want to...so close to the end of the road here with the application process, kinda frustrating to run into this type of snafu.
Sounds like rubbish. I was at the office signing my paperwork to submit for SNA yesterday, my recruiter mentioned nothing of this. And where did 30 September come from? Even if he's talking about the 6 months of wait time in between submissions (which wouldn't apply to you considering you wouldn't be going to this board technically) that's still Feb-Aug. And it's a rolling board, I highly doubt they have already decided the next one after February will be on 30 September.

exNavyOffRec

your recruiter sounds like an idiot, is he a Chief, Officer or Petty Officer.

KMC1020

Really? Why the hell didn't they tell me that. I'll have to call him and see if I can go up there tomorrow and do it. I would just go there and talk to him but it's a 2 hour drive

haimehhh

prepare for two physicals if the hip surgery was a significant orthopedic surgery. one standard MEPS physical and one secondary consultation with the Navy's orthopedic surgeon. push to have your MEPS done asap so you can get your secondary consult scheduled and completed asap. I did MEPS in October and am still waiting to have a secondary consult. maybe you get lucky and don't need one.

tawojt

your recruiter sounds like an idiot, is he a Chief, Officer or Petty Officer.

I've kind of been dealing with two recruiters...both Petty Officers. Second recruiter just chimed in with an email...saying that I can only apply for SWO and Supply....

USSMaximus

Wait, so if we go to the processor and print out a transcript, then we are good? It still will not have the degree on it.