• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

My OR also said that no packages for those designators would be seen until whatever board happens after September 30th...who is your recruiter?

I would also be willing to go for SWO if I couldn't get Pilot or NFO, but of course I at least want my package to be seen by those boards before I apply for other things.

So we're on the same page then. I replied to your private conversation to keep that information off the main forum.

exNavyOffRec

Was in one of the more remote areas when I started my application but am now actually in Portland.

EDIT:
"Once we as a district are at 100% for applications for any particular program, we are closed out. The nation wants no more pilot and nfo applicants from us." -Most recent email...

Is it possible to finish processing through a different NRD (like Seattle)?

Your OR's are jerking you around or they are being jerked around by their chain of command, I wish the National OPO was still on here.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
@enlUSMC I believe so. I gave him several pages of documentation and a CD with all the images but that was way back in the first week of December. Maybe it just takes MEPS longer to review than I thought.
You should have signed a 2807 to go with it. Just get confirmation that it's all been submitted to MEPS.

exNavyOffRec

It was a significant orthopedic procedure so that's good to know. Hopefully I can just have the secondary one waived since I'm fine now and it was over two years ago. Thanks for the help.

The MEPS exam is just a basic physical to see if you are qualified for basic military service, then you will have to have a consult to evaluate what was done, what N3M looks at is not just are you fixed but is there a potential for issues down the road, there are many people that have had injuries/surgeries who completely healed/recovered but they were not allowed in due to a "history of".

exNavyOffRec

@enlUSMC I believe so. I gave him several pages of documentation and a CD with all the images but that was way back in the first week of December. Maybe it just takes MEPS longer to review than I thought.

They are supposed to take only 72 hours, the MEPS I would use would not accept any type of photos that were not taken by a MEPS contracted doctor.

Is it possible to switch to another NRD? If Portland is refusing to submit SNA/SNFO/SWO applications until FY 16 (September 30) as a result of NRC enforcing a cap, then I need to look at all my options. I've read all of Rufio's replies and am aware that OCS dates post July 1 count towards FY 16, but Portland has plainly stated that applications will not be submitted until September 30 meaning I'd miss every board before that date. I don't want to wait around another year if this is a Portland specific problem and I can get my application submitted in Seattle despite not being physically present to meet with that NRD.

zsmall1

They are supposed to take only 72 hours, the MEPS I would use would not accept any type of photos that were not taken by a MEPS contracted doctor.
Thanks for sharing this. He said it's supposed to take a few weeks so I'll just have to give him a call tomorrow to make sure he's on the same page and can finalize some dates. Getting a bit worried about missing this board now.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Is it possible to switch to another NRD? If Portland is refusing to submit SNA/SNFO/SWO applications until FY 16 (September 30) as a result of NRC enforcing a cap, then I need to look at all my options. I've read all of Rufio's replies and am aware that OCS dates post July 1 count towards FY 16, but Portland has plainly stated that applications will not be submitted until September 30 meaning I'd miss every board before that date. I don't want to wait around another year if this is a Portland specific problem and I can get my application submitted in Seattle despite not being physically present to meet with that NRD.

An applicant can work with any NRD. I have an applicant who lives cross country, but decided to work with me because the local recruiter said he wasn't competitive for SWO (3.1 GPA, Ivy League school, 53 OAR score).

USSMaximus

Just in case this whole transcript thing doesn't work, will a degree audit work? My degree audit has everything on it. Every single class and its grade, my grad date, my credits, etc.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Just in case this whole transcript thing doesn't work, will a degree audit work? My degree audit has everything on it. Every single class and its grade, my grad date, my credits, etc.

Has to be official transcripts. Can you have your transcripts be sent electronically?

USSMaximus

It is an option that my university has. However, my recruiter would like me to directly mail it to him, which is completely fine. The problem is that my school hasn't conferred my degree yet, and it can take a while. I asked for them to expedite it, but they told me to go away and wait. I can give the Navy what ever it wants. I can give it audits, I can give it my transcript without the grad date on it, etc. I just cannot provide a full transcript, and it can come out tomorrow, or it could come out by the end of January. No one knows.

Subhunter116

SubHunter116
SWO
26/Male/ E-6 (9 year active duty Navy STG1)
Leadership: LPO/WCS
Awards: SSOQ/JSOQ/2 NAMS/ ESWS & IUSS warfare qualified
OAR: 47
Appraisals: 0-5 OPS LDO/ 0-6 SWO/ 0-3 SWO
Education: AA Business Admin/ BA Criminal Justice GPA 3.46
Collaterals: Command Fitness Leader/ Visit Board Search & Seizure

FormerRecruitingGuru

It is an option that my university has. However, my recruiter would like me to directly mail it to him, which is completely fine. The problem is that my school hasn't conferred my degree yet, and it can take a while. I asked for them to expedite it, but they told me to go away and wait. I can give the Navy what ever it wants. I can give it audits, I can give it my transcript without the grad date on it, etc. I just cannot provide a full transcript, and it can come out tomorrow, or it could come out by the end of January. No one knows.

Transcripts can be sent electronically to the recruiter... just as long as they're official and address to the OR. As for the grad part, if you can get your transcripts with all your classes AND a letter from the university registrar saying you've graduated with whatever major you should be okay.