• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-Ish 2015 SWO Rolling Board Thread

I wonder if part of the reason this has been so slow is the huge last group that were selected, and the fact that many ORs (like my own) are telling applicants that SWO is closed until October...

I wonder if part of the reason this has been so slow is the huge last group that were selected, and the fact that many ORs (like my own) are telling applicants that SWO is closed until October...

I've had notice to the contrary. I say that to highlight how opaque the information is rather than question our OR's integrity. But really, the entire process is as transparent as a Magic 8 Ball. There is little we can do aside from keeping the faith.

USSMaximus

This was addressed a while back. SWO has been closed for the fiscal year of 2015. Except for the age critical people, everyone who got picked up for SWO since the October board have been pushed to be part of the fiscal year of 2016, which starts in June or July (I forgot). So, what they mean by SWO being closed until October is that you won't be shipped out till then. They are still having boards (like the February board), but your shipping date most likely will not be until Octoberish.

I got your back @RUFiO181

haimehhh

FALANT is discriminating for those with the inability to distinguish red-green-white (navigational) lights, this indicates a different, more 'basic' type of deficiency. The Ishihara (colored dot test) is used to determine more 'delicate' color deficiencies. Pilot requires 100% color vision. unfortunately my recruiter said i was cleared for pilot, then said i wasn't. no big deal, better to discover now than be NAMI whammied. and good explanation, @USSMaximus.

haimehhh

the Pilot/NFO thread is doing a bit on what you're up to while you await OCS– interim job, school, hobbies, etc. anyone want to share?

banjosquirrel

the Pilot/NFO thread is doing a bit on what you're up to while you await OCS– interim job, school, hobbies, etc. anyone want to share?

I'll go, because I'd love for this thread to stay active. I graduate from college in May, and fortunately I was offered a place to stay in my school town in exchange for taking care of the homeowner's pets while she's away. I'll get to keep working at the restaurant I work while I'm in school and will actually get promoted to a manager, so that works out really well. In my free time I'll be working on getting in as best shape as I can and cutting down on my running time, and I will also get to continue an internship I did last summer doing research on contemporary Russian authors since I'll be sticking around at my school. The person whose house I'm staying at also said I could continue with that as long as I need, so I will probably just keep up the above routine until (if, fingers crossed haha) I get an OCS date.

haimehhh

Nice. I run project management for a Keller Williams real estate office and am starting two companies with two friends: a building company that utilizes intermodal steel building units (shipping containers) and a small-scale, value-added hummus operation. I am starting my MBA at university of Arizona in august, and hope that I get an OCS date that will prevent me from signing a lease in arizona (living in Southern California now).

edit: spelling error

irish08slasher

Irishslasher
Hey guys, first time posting here and I'm already getting a doom and gloom feelings from this thread. First time application and you guys are sure making me optimistic.

I have all my paperwork turned in and am simply waiting to take my ASTB. Anybody have any idea when the next SWO board is? Anybody wanna take a gander? Anybody wanna tell me sweet sweet lies?

haimehhh

@irish08slasher the next SWO board is 'hopefully' next month. but it could convene sooner, and it could convene later. if you feel you're prepared, I would suggest trying to take the ASTB sooner, as to ensure that you don't miss the application window (i think, typically, approx 1 month before the board date) and have to wait until the next tentatively scheduled board (which I have no idea when it may occur).

USSMaximus

Well the Pilot board was supposed to be early May, and it ended up being today. Who knows? Maybe the SWO board will be earlier. If you want my advice @irish08slasher, you should take your time with your application. Study hard for the ASTB, and make sure that everything is being done right. You get 3 lifetime chances to take the ASTB, so make sure you are well prepared.

EDIT: There will always be another board =)