• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-Ish 2015 SWO Rolling Board Thread

haimehhh

@Signup15 i have a BS, but my STEM stopped at physics and statistics. the only other math I took in college was finance and accounting related, but I'm starting my MBA in Management Information Systems with a network security concentration, so if I don't get picked up this time around I can finish that Master's and reapply. lots of computer sci, numerical data analysis, and stats in my future.

What's everyone doing to keep themselves occupied while they wait? I'm just trying to work as many hours as possible so the days (feel like they) go quicker.

haimehhh

Also just got a call from my OR, despite his previous call to me saying I'm cleared for all designators, turns out that there was a miscommunication and he just let me know that my color deficiency is sufficient enough to DQ me from SNA/NFO. So SWO it is, for me.

Signup15

@Signup15 i have a BS, but my STEM stopped at physics and statistics. the only other math I took in college was finance and accounting related, but I'm starting my MBA in Management Information Systems with a network security concentration, so if I don't get picked up this time around I can finish that Master's and reapply. lots of computer sci, numerical data analysis, and stats in my future.

What's everyone doing to keep themselves occupied while they wait? I'm just trying to work as many hours as possible so the days (feel like they) go quicker.
Volunteering wherever I can. Getting in shape. Learning as much as possible about the Navy/military.

haimehhh

Yea my running is improving. signed up for a half marathon for July to keep myself focused and consistent.

haimehhh

I pass the FALANT 100% (navigational lights differentiation test), but fail the ishihara (colored dots test). My OR misinterpreted the wording of my PQ letter that said i am qualified specifically for SWO but did not extend to SNA/NFO. at least that's what he explained to me today. definitely got my hopes up to fly, but i was originally prepared to not be qualified for it, anyway. hopefully the same doesn't happen for SWO, considering it doesn't seem like many other designators are open to applicants at the moment...

exNavyOffRec

I pass the FALANT 100% (navigational lights differentiation test), but fail the ishihara (colored dots test). My OR misinterpreted the wording of my PQ letter that said i am qualified specifically for SWO but did not extend to SNA/NFO. at least that's what he explained to me today. definitely got my hopes up to fly, but i was originally prepared to not be qualified for it, anyway. hopefully the same doesn't happen for SWO, considering it doesn't seem like many other designators are open to applicants at the moment...

you should be good for SWO

banjosquirrel

Have any of you had your background investigations started yet? I'm not sure what clearance it's for, but there's been a background investigator hanging out around my college for about a week interviewing every one I've ever talked to, so that's interesting. I guess having that go on makes the time past a bit faster, haha. Luckily I've got some summer plans figured out that'll give me more time to get in the best shape possible. In the mean time I'm just trying to finish my last semester and trying not to get too impatient about the next board. Hope it's sooner than later.

haimehhh

Is that part of the 'quality assurance'? My OR called me to inform me that the QA had begun and they would be checking references, former employers, that all boxes are selected, etc. He said results from the last SWO board aren't even out yet and therefore couldn't give me any ballpark for when the upcoming board would occur.

USSMaximus

I had to pass the FALLANT too. I guess that takes me out of flying too, not like I applied there anyway. It's really weird that your security investigation has started already. I filled out all the paperwork and stuff, but I haven't heard about them starting it for me.

MemphisBell

pilot
From what i have read on AW, I'm pretty sure if you pass the FALANT you should be good for aviation.