• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May boards

DaveI

MEPS DQ'd me without even examining me because of 'fainting spells' I had when I was a kid. I provided pleanty of documentation and a letter from two different doctors saying that I'm ok now.

Any suggestions on how I can get a waiver? I am going to schedule a re-test of an exam they did on my a number of years ago called a Tilt Table Test. Hopefully if I pass showing that this is no longer a problem (which the doctors said I would grow out of) that I'll be good to go with MEPS.

After being DQ'd for acid reflux in 2006, I wrote a "super man statement" saying how I have been fine, and able to fly and play sports. If that doesn't do the trick then I will send in the medical documentation.

My advice from my OR was to not throw everything I have (doctor's review and superman statement) at once, because its good to always have more to fight with.

I am not sure how that works in your case, but make sure you get a doctor to back up every word you say.

cjfessler

Final Select SNA
After being DQ'd for acid reflux in 2006, I wrote a "super man statement" saying how I have been fine, and able to fly and play sports. If that doesn't do the trick then I will send in the medical documentation.

My advice from my OR was to not throw everything I have (doctor's review and superman statement) at once, because its good to always have more to fight with.

I am not sure how that works in your case, but make sure you get a doctor to back up every word you say.

Thanks Dave, that was helpful!

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
As for Final Selects, what if you already have a security clearance? I'm at Secret right now, which clears me for SWO but obv not for Intel, which I'm waiting on. Does anyone know if I would still have to wait for my case to be opened to get a FS for Intel?

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
How did you get Secret already?

I'm like you, waiting for FS right now. Just waiting to clear/get waivers (for my MEPS physical). It's been 2 weeks since they sent my waivers requests out. Been waiting since Feb now.

Good luck Ang, mabe we'll be in the same class.

caudillc

I'm like you, waiting for FS right now. Just waiting to clear/get waivers (for my MEPS physical). It's been 2 weeks since they sent my waivers requests out. Been waiting since Feb now.

I've been told yes it has to be opened.

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!

It's from an old job. Good luck to you too!

blarged

ready
Anyone heard yet if their security clearance investigation has started?

I had to get my fingerprints done again (as my electronic ones from MEPS (December 2007) were not on file any longer).

Historically, it looks to average 2ish months between pro-rec and final select.

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply

I had to get my fingerprints done again (as my electronic ones from MEPS (December 2007) were not on file any longer).

I have been waiting on my security clearance investigation since the beginning of March, that was when I finished the PRT and MEPS. I called my OR earlier this week and he made a call to Millington (I think), to see what was wrong. He thought waiting three months seemed a bit long.

Hopefully you can get your clearance investigation done faster than me, it seems like some people get it done in a month and others wait much longer.

DaveI

I have been waiting on my security clearance investigation since the beginning of March, that was when I finished the PRT and MEPS. I called my OR earlier this week and he made a call to Millington (I think), to see what was wrong. He thought waiting three months seemed a bit long.

Hopefully you can get your clearance investigation done faster than me, it seems like some people get it done in a month and others wait much longer.

How does one open their security clearance?... my OR seems to know nothing about it, but I am waiting on a waiver and to do the PRT in the mean time.

cjfessler

Final Select SNA
How does one open their security clearance?... my OR seems to know nothing about it, but I am waiting on a waiver and to do the PRT in the mean time.

I see that a number of people have had to get waiver's - which I am one of. How likely is it that they will grant a medical waiver?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
MEPS asked (again) for more documents on my broken left arm from when I was 11. :icon_rage

So I'll get those hopefully today, and wait another 48hrs for an appointment to be seen. Good times...

blarged

ready
MEPS asked (again) for more documents on my broken left arm from when I was 11. :icon_rage

So I'll get those hopefully today, and wait another 48hrs for an appointment to be seen. Good times...

sheesh, with all this talk about waivers I am glad my medical history is clean

DaveI

^ you should be glad... I wish I knew when I would hear back. MEPS straight out denied me for having acid reflux in 2006 and I had to apply for a letter with I don't even know who. My OR sent out my statement and I have been waiting over a week just to hear if they want anything from my doctor supporting what I said.

Anyone on here know how long that process should take?

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)

2 months!?!?! I thought waiting for Pro-Rec was long. Well my OR says due to budget cuts earliest date at OCS we should see would be in October.

blarged

ready
2 months!?!?! I thought waiting for Pro-Rec was long. Well my OR says due to budget cuts earliest date at OCS we should see would be in October.

Or next July ... one more year of school ... 6 years of full-time student status is wayyyyy too long for a bachelors degree