• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May boards

RussBow6

I'm curious as to why they don't check all that earlier in the process? Obv nobody with any serious red flags is going to make it through but still . . . ?

who knows...welcome to the government haha... somebody somewhere along the line had a good reason i'm sure.

i guess they have to do less work that way... they accept people first then check out their medical and security after they are qualified... as oppose to checking everyone from the start before they cut the stack down.

DaveI

How does the security clearance work? I went through meps and am doing the PRT this weekend, but my recruiter is not sure about the security stuff. I filled out the SF86. If he gave it in with my package does the security stuff start, or does he have to do something to get it going?

adhermes

IW information

The last "scheduled" IW board was 9/15/08 and then set to "monthly as needed". The IW board is CLOSED for fiscal year 2009; meaning there will be no board meeting until about August when they hire for fiscal year 2010. Bad news, I know, but it is what it is. So don't be holding your breath too much about the IW board. Man i'm bummed; Got a pro-no from supply and find out that IW isn't even going to review my app; my last chance is SWO that meets this month.

blarged

ready
The last "scheduled" IW board was 9/15/08 and then set to "monthly as needed". The IW board is CLOSED for fiscal year 2009; meaning there will be no board meeting until about August when they hire for fiscal year 2010. Bad news, I know, but it is what it is. So don't be holding your breath too much about the IW board. Man i'm bummed; Got a pro-no from supply and find out that IW isn't even going to review my app; my last chance is SWO that meets this month.

Don't know where you are getting your information, but this has been talked about many times before. The Fiscal year budget is for when you commission. If you graduate OCS after October 1st, you will be FY10.

Sounds like rumors to me. I'm still thinking IW will/has meet/met for May. But if you could provide more information (sources) it would be appreciated.

nikiterp86

Pro-rec'd INTEL!!!!!
yeah, i was - congrats to you too. i was just curious about my other application. i am certain i am sticking with intel

Ooo ok cool. Ya I hadn't heard about this month yet when I wrote that, so I was panicking a little haha. Thanks, and congratulations... I think we have very interesting careers ahead of us!!!

Supply results aren't out yet for May too, right?

According to some people at usnavyocs.com (another forum), the results are out but no one has heard anything yet. Supply was my third choice, and even though I'm definitely going Intel, I am curious to see if I got all 3 of my choices, so I'd like to know as well. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!!!

Some numbers I pulled from usnavyocs.com. I know some of these have already been posted, but I figured I would put them all together. Also, I'm not 100% sure of the accuracy of these numbers, I'm just passing on what others have said:

May 2009 Board Results (thus far)

Pilot BDCP 4/ 11/ 36.4%
Pilot DA 36/ 58/ 62.1%
NFO BDCP 3/ 8 / 37.5%
NFO DA 31/ 49 / 63.3%
SWO BDCP 10/ 16 / 62.5%
SWO DA 83/148/ 56.1%
Intel DA 22/135/16.3%
Supply DA 17/154/11.0%

APR/MAY AMDO 4/34/11.8% 2 Alternates

blarged

ready
Count me in for May boards. I am re-applying after non-select in January 2008. I'm going BDCP though.

first choice: IW
second choice: SWO/IW
third choice: none
School: University of Cincinnati
Degree: Computer Science
GPA: 2.9
ASTB: 65/7/7/7
LOR: 2 Managers, 1 Flight Instructor, 1 LCDR

I just got the call! Pro-Rec'd BDCP-IW!!!!

blarged

ready
Congrats! You have been waiting awhile from what I gather. Way to go!

Only since Fall of 2007 :icon_wink

This was my second attempt at applying.

My improvements to my package were internship at Apple Computer and a few more LORs. My GPA the second time around was about the same, if not a few hundredths of a point lower.

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
This was a good month for a lot of people congrats everyone, the good news just seems to keep coming in. Now the wait starts for Final Select...