• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

leave for OCS in 2 weeks and still no orders

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Wdang1: Congrats on your ProRec - do you feel that it was the declaration of "Handsome: Yes" that was the deciding factor in your selection?;) Oh, and was that an unbiased opinion, or a 'self assessment'?:p

Good luck on FS & OCS!
BzB

Thanks BzB! I'm sure my handsome looks was an overwhelming factor for my pro-rec, why else would they take me? lol

skittle986

Ensign, Civil engineer corps, U.S Navy.
Just received my orders and it states no earlier than 1600 5 april or no later than 0900 6 april. Boy thats an early sunday morning drive :)

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Most people get there the night before and stay in the Lodge or the Navy Gateway. Although I stayed in the Courtyard Marriott.

skittle986

Most people get there the night before and stay in the Lodge or the Navy Gateway. Although I stayed in the Courtyard Marriott.

I thought about that but i'm only 2.5 hours away being that i live in NY. Its drivable. besides, I was told that the earlier you get there, the more time they have to mrs with ya ;)

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I thought about that but i'm only 2.5 hours away being that i live in NY. Its drivable. besides, I was told that the earlier you get there, the more time they have to mrs with ya ;)
I came down from Albany, and I debated making it a morning drive, but I'm glad I didn't, it was a LONG day. And they're not gonna mess with you for getting there early. For one thing, if you stay in the Lodge or Gateway, you can still wait 'til like 8:30 to head over. For another, the first half of the day is just paperwork, they're not really looking to mess with you at that point. But it was a 4 hour drive for me, 2.5 hours isn't too bad, so either way would probably work.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
I would still drive up the night before, spend the night in the lodge and then check in on Sunday morning. Get a good night of rest. They can't mess with you if you haven't checked in yet and by staying in the lodge, you won't have checked in.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
I would still drive up the night before, spend the night in the lodge and then check in on Sunday morning. Get a good night of rest. They can't mess with you if you haven't checked in yet and by staying in the lodge, you won't have checked in.
It would be about a 6 hour drive for me, and I'm not sure how I feel about just letting my car bake in the sun for 3 months. Has anyone taken Amtrak to OCS? I assume there's a station nearish to the base?

skittle986

At this point, everything might be booked. I also don't feel comfortable staying in a hotel room by myself, thus would probably not get any sleep. lol

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
The closest Amtrak to Newport is Kingston, RI. It is still a good 20 miles away that you would need to take a cab. That said, I ALWAYS vote train when it is an option. :D