• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

leave for OCS in 2 weeks and still no orders

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot
We need to bring our Final Select paper with our date for OCS. The final orders we get after OCS. Being that is when we take the officer oath and swear in again. This is what I've been told by three ENS Whom Just Graduated In The Last Two Months

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
We need to bring our Final Select paper with our date for OCS. The final orders we get after OCS. Being that is when we take the officer oath and swear in again. This is what I've been told by three ENS Whom Just Graduated In The Last Two Months
I think they're confusing the FS with orders. You do get orders to OCS, they just don't look like the orders you get after OCS, and you don't get them on BUPERS since you won't have access until after you get to OCS (unless you're a prior). But the paper you need to bring says "Orders" at the top and goes into your Service Record, so you do need the original. The FS is written like a letter, and I don't ever remember being asked to show that, although I brought it just in case. But here in Corpus they definitely needed to see my orders to OCS as well as the orders from OCS to API and then to NASCC.

egiv

I think they're confusing the FS with orders. You do get orders to OCS, they just don't look like the orders you get after OCS, and you don't get them on BUPERS since you won't have access until after you get to OCS (unless you're a prior). But the paper you need to bring says "Orders" at the top and goes into your Service Record, so you do need the original. The FS is written like a letter, and I don't ever remember being asked to show that, although I brought it just in case. But here in Corpus they definitely needed to see my orders to OCS as well as the orders from OCS to API and then to NASCC.

No confusion, I was referring to the orders to go to OCS, not any afterwards, and not the FS. They may be different from those we receive later, but as you say, we need to have these orders when reporting to Newport, which is the OP's issue.

skittle986

Ensign, Civil engineer corps, U.S Navy.
I called my recruiter about it and he told me that he would go see if he could get them and to check back with him on Monday. I also called the Officer whom I did an interview with for the board and he responded immediately telling me that they would be released that day (friday) and to let him know if I have not received them by Monday.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
No you get orders to report to OCS. The FS is just more of a "Congrats blah, blah, blah".

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Bad gouge. FS is just a letter saying that you've officially been selected to your respective program and when you will be reporting to OCS. By no means is it your OCS orders.

skittle986

Ensign, Civil engineer corps, U.S Navy.
Update: my recruiter sent me an email last night telling me that my orders are in, and that he will forward it to me on Monday. Thank goodness, one less thing to worry about.

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot
Bad gouge. FS is just a letter saying that you've officially been selected to your respective program and when you will be reporting to OCS. By no means is it your OCS orders.

This is true. It was bad Gouge. We will receive orders for OCS.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good luck guys! Maybe we'll see each other as we entering OCS, as your class is leaving.
Wdang1: Congrats on your ProRec - do you feel that it was the declaration of "Handsome: Yes" that was the deciding factor in your selection?;) Oh, and was that an unbiased opinion, or a 'self assessment'?:p

Good luck on FS & OCS!
BzB