• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January/February 2015 SNA/NFO Board

CGrissom15

Hey guys, this is my first time writing on this blog, I have been following it quite a bit though.

I am however wondering when the next Pilot/NFO boards are. My recruiter sort of dropped off the face of the earth recently so I'm left in the dark a bit.

I applied for Pilot/Intel/NFO.

Welcome! The general consensus is late January, early February, but there's no way to know for sure. We are of course all hoping for one in December. :D

What do your stats look like?

mz247

Welcome! The general consensus is late January, early February, but there's no way to know for sure. We are of course all hoping for one in December. :D

What do your stats look like?

Well when exactly was the last one? Wasn't it in Oct?

My stats aren't anything to be proud about, 50 OAR 6/7/6
My recruiter told me not to retest though.

The thing I'm most worried about is my GPA of a 2.99, although my recruiter also said it shouldn't be too big of an issue, however I think it's healthy to be more concerned for my own future than he is. Haha.

I actually had a 3.5+ GPA, once I transfered to another school, but sadly they took my grades into consideration my first two years at my previous university.

CGrissom15

Yes, the last one met October 29th. It's a rolling board so there's no set dates. From what I know (which isn't much), it sits at around a 90-120 day turn around. It's dependent on the number of applications they get in.

Good luck!

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Hey Rick, do you mind sharing with us your previous score, to kind of gauge the difficulty of getting in?
It's in his signature.
For what it's worth I was turned down the first time as well. 54/6/6/6 but it was at the June14 board with 30% selection rates. Second time for October 55/7/8/7 not sure if that helps at all but it seems to give somewhat of a baseline.

KnightFlight

Hey Rick, do you mind sharing with us your previous score, to kind of gauge the difficulty of getting in?
@varlogkern nailed it.

Also, I think my driving waiver played a huge part in my NO. I realize I have low ASTB scores (yes, if you have similar scores I would consider them low and recommend retesting) and a low GPA, but I also went to school for Aerospace Engineering, currently work as an Aeronautical Engineer, hold and active secret security clearance, and have flight experience. Some other guys with low OARs and 6's got picked up on the last board. To be honest I'm not sure if adding my PPL and hopefully higher ASTB scores will even get me in due to the driving incident, but I'm going to try until I get in or age out.

It's in his signature.
For what it's worth I was turned down the first time as well. 54/6/6/6 but it was at the June14 board with 30% selection rates. Second time for October 55/7/8/7 not sure if that helps at all but it seems to give somewhat of a baseline.
What did you study to improve your ASTB score?

Tyler Houston

Not that new of a member
Hey all,

Checking in. Submitting my PRODOCS to the recruiter tomorrow and my processor is ready to submit them to the next board. Already got through MEPS. I'm so stoked to finally have this application in. If anyone has any questions about studying for the ASTB, message me. Funny thing about the joystick/throttle portion, I was actually laughing at how poorly I thought things were going and turned around to see if my recruiter was watching me out of embarrassment. Turns out I did okay. So for those of you who haven't taken it yet, do your best to stay focused and don't overanalyze whether or not the test got easier or harder based on your last answer. You don't need the added mind games.

I'd be interested in the Facebook page if set it up!

varlogkern

What did you study to improve your ASTB score?
I studied using all of the documents you can find on here. I also made it a point to make sure I did all of the usual test taking skills. Skills such as getting a good nights rest, eating correctly, making sure to study a little over long periods rather than trying to cram, things like that.

I studied using all of the documents you can find on here. I also made it a point to make sure I did all of the usual test taking skills. Skills such as getting a good nights rest, eating correctly, making sure to study a little over long periods rather than trying to cram, things like that.
Your OR suggested retaking the ASTB when you had 6/6/6?

varlogkern

Your OR suggested retaking the ASTB when you had 6/6/6?
No, I had to retake, if I had triple 8s and was told no in June I still would have had to retake. I am age critical, so I had to make "significant kit improvements" in order to resubmit before the age cutoff. Normally you have to wait 6 months from the time of being told Pro-Rec-N to reapply. However, my kit had to go to the next board in order for me to be able to make it in time. I turn 27 just a handful of days after the 23NOV14 class graduates. Which is why my timetable has been so highly compressed. Check my profile for the full list of dates, things might make a little more sense then.

No, I had to retake, if I had triple 8s and was told no in June I still would have had to retake. I am age critical, so I had to make "significant kit improvements" in order to resubmit before the age cutoff. Normally you have to wait 6 months from the time of being told Pro-Rec-N to reapply. However, my kit had to go to the next board in order for me to be able to make it in time. I turn 27 just a handful of days after the 23NOV14 class graduates. Which is why my timetable has been so highly compressed. Check my profile for the full list of dates, things might make a little more sense then.
I thought age critical was 29?