• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January/February 2015 SNA/NFO Board

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
Here it is, the thread for the next SNA/NFO board. I am just estimating that the board will take place in January or February, only time will tell. Come check-in and ask any questions you may have! Cheers!

mb1685

Checking in. This is the one I plan to make. I still have a lot to do (getting LORs secured now, obtaining medical records for anything I'll have to mark "yes" for on the DD 2807, and planning on taking the ASTB next month, etc.).

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
Checking in. This is the one I plan to make. I still have a lot to do (getting LORs secured now, obtaining medical records for anything I'll have to mark "yes" for on the DD 2807, and planning on taking the ASTB next month, etc.).
Good luck to you. Let me know if you have any questions about the ASTB-E, I took it last week.

mb1685

Good luck to you. Let me know if you have any questions about the ASTB-E, I took it last week.

I could probably think of a million! Haha. I'm brushing up on my math skills and am wondering just how far to go. Should I focus on more than intermediate algebra? Did any types of questions come up that you didn't expect? And for mechanical comprehension/physics problems, are formulas provided? I only have a few basic ones memorized.

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
I could probably think of a million! Haha. I'm brushing up on my math skills and am wondering just how far to go. Should I focus on more than intermediate algebra? Did any types of questions come up that you didn't expect? And for mechanical comprehension/physics problems, are formulas provided? I only have a few basic ones memorized.
As far as math goes, I studied up to Algebra 2 logs, and didn't get a single log question. The bulk of it was rational expressions and geometry. Basic geometric formulas are provided, such as area of a circle. I had two area of a circle problems. As far as the mechanical section goes, you wont need to know any formulas. The only "formula" you may need to know is mechanical advantage of pulleys. As long as you know the basics you will be fine. Mostly conceptual questions asked in this section. There is a ton of information on the test in other threads, go check them out as well.

Tasha

As far as math goes, I studied up to Algebra 2 logs, and didn't get a single log question. The bulk of it was rational expressions and geometry. Basic geometric formulas are provided, such as area of a circle. I had two area of a circle problems. As far as the mechanical section goes, you wont need to know any formulas. The only "formula" you may need to know is mechanical advantage of pulleys. As long as you know the basics you will be fine. Mostly conceptual questions asked in this section. There is a ton of information on the test in other threads, go check them out as well.

Agreed here. As you've probably read... It's adaptive and it gets hard quick when you start getting the correct answers. I ended up having 2 log problems from what I can remember ..there is plenty of help in this section ask around and shoot PMs.. I know I did. I bugged and picked a lot of brains on AW.. Another thing I strongly recommend is getting Aprraisals. They can really help a package out!

Tasha

Whoops. I obviously don't know how to reply.. But I tried replying to your quote as well and forgot to hit reply on your message but I posted above ^@mb1685

KnightFlight

Agreed here. As you've probably read... It's adaptive and it gets hard quick when you start getting the correct answers. I ended up having 2 log problems from what I can remember ..there is plenty of help in this section ask around and shoot PMs.. I know I did. I bugged and picked a lot of brains on AW.. Another thing I strongly recommend is getting Aprraisals. They can really help a package out!
How did you get appraisals added in? My OR has never even brought that up...

KnightFlight

Here it is, the thread for the next SNA/NFO board. I am just estimating that the board will take place in January or February, only time will tell. Come check-in and ask any questions you may have! Cheers!
Are you planning to retest? I know I am for sure. Just got the NO result today.

Tasha

I asked my recruiter what I could do to make my package better and he recommended I getting one from a pilot in the community..
How did you get appraisals added in? My OR has never even brought that up...

KnightFlight

I recommend studying like crazy and not waiting a month to test if you want to make the next board. I got a NO for SNA today, I'm going home to start studying again tonight. Medical results and other paperwork will take a while. If you want to make it, don't wait.

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
Are you planning to retest? I know I am for sure. Just got the NO result today.
I retested last week. I will not be able to try again until the end of January. If the selection is anything like this last one, I am not worried about my scores.