• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January/February 2015 SNA/NFO Board

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
All - has been a while since I have posted to Air Warriors as I have since transferred from NRC and retired, but letting you know that per NRC (still have close comms with the shop there in NRC - some great Navy enlisted and officers working there), Fleet NFO applications (applications for NFO from Navy Fleet Sailors) ARE, I repeat ARE, being accepted by NRC. Conversely, NRDs have been instructed to NOT submit any additional NFO applications from non-Fleet (civilian) applicants until directed to do so. This hold on NRD-submitted civilian NFO applications is to allow NRC to push through the current load of NFO applications and prior PROREC-Y NFO applicants awaiting shipping to OCS. The NRC shop did not indicate when they will once again start accepting NRD-submitted NFO applications for civilian applicants, but could be as early as April-May timeframe. If you are one of those civilian NFO applicants waiting to submit your application, remain in close communications with your recruiter, who will hear from NRC the minute that the application window is once again opened for NRD-submitted civilian NFO applications. However, if you are a Navy Fleet Sailor, push ahead with submitting your NFO application to NRC. Please get this word out and spread around the various blogs talking about upcoming 2015 Pilot/NFO boards. Best of luck to those qualified Fleet Sailors that apply.
Thank you for the update sir. I'm guessing it will be a competitive board for NFO then. Thoughts?

KnightFlight

Glad to see you back @National OPO!
I see you only mention civilian NFO applicants and not SNA. Am I right in assuming that civilian SNA applicants are still good to apply in the upcoming February board? My OR hasn't mentioned anything otherwise.
Thanks for the info!

National OPO

Thank you for the update sir. I'm guessing it will be a competitive board for NFO then. Thoughts?
TGL78 - like Rufio mentioned, I am "out of the game" for the most part and can only speak to the "generic" process as questions might arise. If a civilian applicant applying through a recruiter, you need to remain engaged with your recruiter for the most-current information about open/closed programs and upcoming boards. If a Fleet Sailor applying, remain engaged with the NRC OCS processing shop. From my perspective, and this is only from me, I would expect NRC to try and retain traditional selection rates and competitive profiles of those applicants selected for all future boards. This was something that we were conscious about when I was there and would expect this practice to continue in order to provide consistency from board to board. So for upcoming Fleet-only NFO applicants, should NRC opt to hold a Fleet-only NFO board (and I don't know if they will or wont), I would expect it to be as competitive as past boards with a similar selection opportunity and similar competitive profile of those Fleet-only NFO applicants professionally recommended. It would simply be a "smaller" board only because there would be fewer overall applicants to review and consider. But again, stay in touch with your recruiter or the NRC OCS processors for specific guidance and info. Best of luck!

KnightFlight

Looks like this thread is pretty much dead compared to the other one. But I'll post about this great anyway. This dude was a WWII POW and stole a German aircraft to escape....

KnightFlight

In case you aren't following the other thread...
The SNA/SNFO board was held. Active Duty results should now be available with civilian results soon to follow.