• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January/February 2015 SNA/NFO Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Being that NFOs are being classed for May/June spots (last OCS classes for the FY) right now, it doesn't surprise me that the next board picks NFOs for July and beyond OCS classes (FY16).

KnightFlight

Just to try to clear things up and @RUFiO181 please correct me if I am wrong.
Some OR's are misinterpreting the information they received as you cannot apply for NFO in the upcoming February board. But in reality you CAN still apply for NFO in the next board, but you will have to wait for a FY16 OCS class. Meaning if selected in the upcoming board, you will not class up until post July 2015.
Does this sound accurate?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Just to try to clear things up and @RUFiO181 please correct me if I am wrong.
Some OR's are misinterpreting the information they received as you cannot apply for NFO in the upcoming February board. But in reality you CAN still apply for NFO in the next board, but you will have to wait for a FY16 OCS class. Meaning if selected in the upcoming board, you will not class up until post July 2015.
Does this sound accurate?

Yes

AltiusOne

Pro-Rec Y SNA
I posted in this thread earlier before going to MEPS and was concerned about it being my final step in the application process. Thankfully I had no hangups at MEPS, and have tried to contact my recruiter to see where I stand now but haven't heard back yet. Thanks everyone for the advice, I am hoping that I am all squared away now and can send my kit up to the board.

On a somewhat related note, can somebody point me in the direction where I can find the selection rates from previous boards? There's been a lot of talk of these percentages in this thread, and I've used the search function but didn't find anything. Is it just word-of-mouth from your OR?

FormerRecruitingGuru

I posted in this thread earlier before going to MEPS and was concerned about it being my final step in the application process. Thankfully I had no hangups at MEPS, and have tried to contact my recruiter to see where I stand now but haven't heard back yet. Thanks everyone for the advice, I am hoping that I am all squared away now and can send my kit up to the board.

On a somewhat related note, can somebody point me in the direction where I can find the selection rates from previous boards? There's been a lot of talk of these percentages in this thread, and I've used the search function but didn't find anything. Is it just word-of-mouth from your OR?

OCS selection rate is 0% if you don't submit an application. That's all you need to know.

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
I got a kick out of that one! I think RUFiO made the other thread to keep us updated on the board date, and the SWOs are in on that one too.

National OPO

All - has been a while since I have posted to Air Warriors as I have since transferred from NRC and retired, but letting you know that per NRC (still have close comms with the shop there in NRC - some great Navy enlisted and officers working there), Fleet NFO applications (applications for NFO from Navy Fleet Sailors) ARE, I repeat ARE, being accepted by NRC. Conversely, NRDs have been instructed to NOT submit any additional NFO applications from non-Fleet (civilian) applicants until directed to do so. This hold on NRD-submitted civilian NFO applications is to allow NRC to push through the current load of NFO applications and prior PROREC-Y NFO applicants awaiting shipping to OCS. The NRC shop did not indicate when they will once again start accepting NRD-submitted NFO applications for civilian applicants, but could be as early as April-May timeframe. If you are one of those civilian NFO applicants waiting to submit your application, remain in close communications with your recruiter, who will hear from NRC the minute that the application window is once again opened for NRD-submitted civilian NFO applications. However, if you are a Navy Fleet Sailor, push ahead with submitting your NFO application to NRC. Please get this word out and spread around the various blogs talking about upcoming 2015 Pilot/NFO boards. Best of luck to those qualified Fleet Sailors that apply.