• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January/February 2015 SNA/NFO Board

mz247

So for my next physical, I was told I'm going to have to plug my nose and pop my ears.

Now as pleasant as this sounds, this isn't something I do on the daily.

Any input, tips, guides? I have a feeling this will hurt...but knowing I'm on the spot, and it could potentially make or break my life career, I'm probably going to blow my ears off.

Wrong approach? Probably.

Whitefoot

None
So for my next physical, I was told I'm going to have to plug my nose and pop my ears.

Any input, tips, guides? I have a feeling this will hurt...but knowing I'm on the spot, and it could potentially make or break my life career, I'm probably going to blow my ears off.

Seriously, don't blow hard. They can see whether or not it is doing what it is supposed to with just a little pressure. Look up Valsalva. The interwebs has much information...

KnightFlight

It's the same thing as equalizing the pressure in your ear when SCUBA diving or flying. You don't need much pressure to achieve your goal. Slow and steady until you feel your ears pop or they tell you to stop.

elijah fenzko

Hey guys, after lurking for a while I'm finally checking in:

26 y/o SNA and SNFO Applicant
3.86 GPA
ASTB- 54 6/7/7
Male, Prior

Also, one quick question. I submitted a package for the November board, but still haven't heard back from my recruiter yet except to fill out an age waiver. I'm planning on resubmitting again in January anyway, but was wondering if anyone else has encountered this much "hurry up and wait"?

Tosh Taylor

Also, one quick question. I submitted a package for the November board, but still haven't heard back from my recruiter yet except to fill out an age waiver. I'm planning on resubmitting again in January anyway, but was wondering if anyone else has encountered this much "hurry up and wait"?
I've had my paperwork done for about 9 months, but have had to wait around a lot and missed 3 boards now... So yes.

Crqpilot

Hey first time posting.

So I just took the ASTB. Huge thanks to everyone here that helped with my studying.
My question is, if I am just starting out with the recruitment process (Only taken the ASTB and have yet to go to MEPS) is it reasonable to be able to make this Feb. Board?

I have all of my LOR's already as well as any pertinent paperwork, Transcripts, etc.

Thank you.

AltiusOne

Pro-Rec Y SNA
Hey first time posting.

So I just took the ASTB. Huge thanks to everyone here that helped with my studying.
My question is, if I am just starting out with the recruitment process (Only taken the ASTB and have yet to go to MEPS) is it reasonable to be able to make this Feb. Board?

I have all of my LOR's already as well as any pertinent paperwork, Transcripts, etc.

Thank you.

I'm in the exact same boat, and am very curious.

Bump.

CGrissom15

I say you can make it, but you better get on your horse. The ASTB was the last thing I took care of, but MEPS gave me some trouble and I had to go back a second time due to a paperwork mishap. We should (hopefully) be getting an actual date for the board in the next week-ish, so you'll have a pretty good idea of the timeline.

I missed the October board by a few days and have had everything submitted since the second week in November. If you can, you should avoid that. This wait is killing me.

mhunter

None
I say you can make it, but you better get on your horse. The ASTB was the last thing I took care of, but MEPS gave me some trouble and I had to go back a second time due to a paperwork mishap. We should (hopefully) be getting an actual date for the board in the next week-ish, so you'll have a pretty good idea of the timeline.

I missed the October board by a few days and have had everything submitted since the second week in November. If you can, you should avoid that. This wait is killing me.
I second all of this. MEPS should be your very next step. I also had to go back a few times because they didn't do something right. You also want to give yourself some time in case you have an initial disqualifier. I had previous injuries navy med wanted to have an orthopedic look at so I had to rush to get in with someone. You have to have a good N3M before you board up now (from my understanding). Good luck with everything and I hope you are on this next board.