• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January/February 2015 SNA/NFO Board

AltiusOne

Pro-Rec Y SNA
CGrissom15 and mhunter,

Thanks for the replies to Crqpilot and myself. It would have been awesome had I been able to get into MEPS a long time ago, since everything seems to be on stand-down due to the holiday. The ASTB was my very first step, as I don't think my recruiter wanted to waste his time with somebody that wasn't qualified. I scored 56 6/7/7, so didn't knock it out of the park, but think I can do better if I need to re-take. I have all of my letters, transcripts, APSR, medical docs and all other paperwork completed, so I am hoping that there aren't any big hangups at MEPS. Hoping for next week.

The board usually gives four weeks notice of the next board to accommodate the three week prior submission deadline, correct?

Crqpilot

As AltiusOne said, thank you guys for the replies.

My recruiter was the same,he used the ASTB to see how serious I was about the process. I got a 58 8/8/7 so hopefully we can semi rush this along. I have a few things that could hang MEPS up but hopefully I can get through it quickly.

mhunter

None
No problem! I don't know how quickly your MEPS works, but I was able to get into mine within 48 hours. Initially I scheduled for two weeks out, but they didn't process my paperwork as an officer physical so I had to come back two days later. If I were y'all, I would definitely be calling my OR first thing Monday morning to get scheduled. I'm sure both of you can make it through to this next board. It is truly miserable waiting for the next one to roll around. I ended up getting hung up with navy med which caused me to barely miss the October boards. Let us know when you get scheduled to go!

KnightFlight

I would not say they give you 4 weeks notice for a board. It's more like 1 week, and that's if someone reliable like @RUFiO181 has some inside information to hand out to us waiting for it.
Given both of your scores I would say you have decent shots for selection considering the last board results. That being said this is the last board for the fiscal year, so who knows what to expect, it's all about what the Navy needs.
MEPS is your biggest hurdle. Even if you go tomorrow it could take weeks to get your results validated and sent to your OR. Get it done as soon as possible and look back on this thread for tips to make the process easier.
@Tosh Taylor I have no clue why you haven't made it to a board yet if you have everything done. You have great stats and a serious shot for selection, there is no reason why you should be just waiting if you have everything complete and want to start as soon as possible. May be worth poking the OR to get things moving.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I would not say they give you 4 weeks notice for a board. It's more like 1 week, and that's if someone reliable like @RUFiO181 has some inside information to hand out to us waiting for it.
Given both of your scores I would say you have decent shots for selection considering the last board results. That being said this is the last board for the fiscal year, so who knows what to expect, it's all about what the Navy needs.
MEPS is your biggest hurdle. Even if you go tomorrow it could take weeks to get your results validated and sent to your OR. Get it done as soon as possible and look back on this thread for tips to make the process easier.
@Tosh Taylor I have no clue why you haven't made it to a board yet if you have everything done. You have great stats and a serious shot for selection, there is no reason why you should be just waiting if you have everything complete and want to start as soon as possible. May be worth poking the OR to get things moving.

We typically get a 2-3 week notice when it comes to board dates and board submission deadlines. My guess is we should hear something about the Feb rolling board in the coming week or so.

Ropel22

Hey guys and gals,

I've been reading these forums for a while, but this is my first post. My packet has been submitted, and I too am stuck waiting for a response. I started talking to my OR back in November 2013, missed the February 2014 and April 2014 boards due to processing errors. Those boards had selection rates in the 80-90%. I made the June 2014 selection board, which had a selection rate of 30%, only to not get selected. I submitted my packet for the October selection with a few days to spare, but found out that it did not go through. My processor didn't catch that one of my transcripts had been addressed to myself rather than the Navy. So I have been going through this up and down spiral process for over a year. Based off of trends from last year, there should be a decent selection rate in the February board, but if there isn't I'm going to be once again left disappointed that my OR did not catch small processing errors that prevented me from making a good board. Anyway, best of luck to all of you. Hopefully the selection rate is high, and I get to see a lot of you at OCS (also hopefully sooner than later).

Ropel22

I'm hoping and praying to get selected. I scored a 65 7/7/7 on the ASTB and I have strong LORs, but unfortunately I was not mature in college, and my GPA is only a 2.54. My degree is a B.S. in Biomedical Engineering from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. I've come along way maturing since college, and now I wouldn't let another chance slip, but I'm just worried that the damage is done. I just don't know how I can rectify the GPA situation short of going to grad school. On the bright side, I did well on the ASTB, and my OR highly recommended me. My LORs are from 3 employers, 1 professor, AF 0-4 pilot retired, Navy o-5 pilot retired, AF o-7 retired, and a congressman who I previously worked for. Maybe all of that is enough for the board to take a chance on me despite my GPA. My uncle flew for the Navy and he had a similar GPA, albeit that was in the 80s.

Tosh Taylor

Well, I had my stuff done and was waiting on MEPS and ASTB to be scheduled when I took an internship flight instructing for the Naval Academy. I think my OR was too worried he wouldn't get his bonus if I got my stuff done in Maryland over the summer, so I missed June because of that. After getting back from Maryland the 2nd week of August I got MEPS and the ASTB done in a week, then evidently N3M discovered Sept 27th or so that the doc at MEPS forgot to checkmark one box. My OR and processor faught to be able to let the doc just call me instead of driving back 2.5hrs to MEPS for what took 30 minutes, but failed. The time it took to fight the system took too long, went back to MEPS Oct 9th (2 days after I found out that my paperwork needed checked). I pretty much went as soon as I could, but it was too late, and N3M couldn't clear it in time. Not a week after the application deadline my paperwork was submitted for the following board.

exNavyOffRec

Well, I had my stuff done and was waiting on MEPS and ASTB to be scheduled when I took an internship flight instructing for the Naval Academy. I think my OR was too worried he wouldn't get his bonus if I got my stuff done in Maryland over the summer, so I missed June because of that. After getting back from Maryland the 2nd week of August I got MEPS and the ASTB done in a week, then evidently N3M discovered Sept 27th or so that the doc at MEPS forgot to checkmark one box. My OR and processor faught to be able to let the doc just call me instead of driving back 2.5hrs to MEPS for what took 30 minutes, but failed. The time it took to fight the system took too long, went back to MEPS Oct 9th (2 days after I found out that my paperwork needed checked). I pretty much went as soon as I could, but it was too late, and N3M couldn't clear it in time. Not a week after the application deadline my paperwork was submitted for the following board.

There are no USN recruiters that receive any type of bonuses, he probably didn't want to bother trying to jump through the hoops to have you go to MEPS as a courtesy to his NRD.

Tosh Taylor

I want a bonus...

I always thought that was how it worked! Do other branches do this? I've had a few friends get the moves put on them when trying to apply for ANG heavy pilot (eyesight not good enough for anything else) by enlisted recruiters.

exNavyOffRec

I always thought that was how it worked! Do other branches do this? I've had a few friends get the moves put on them when trying to apply for ANG heavy pilot (eyesight not good enough for anything else) by enlisted recruiters.

I don't know of any active or reserve in any branch that do, can't say for National Guard though.