• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS IWC 10-Jul-23Proboard

Sugard

If I have a waiver, I know I have to submit the application two weeks prior to the NRC due date (02-Jun-23). When would be the latest it can be submitted? 19-May or 20-May?

OverMattress

IP-PROREC Y
At least a month before the convening of the board, if you have waivers.
I concur, some waivers seem to take longer then others depending on their routing process. Even prior to that, we should expect an influx of applications when multiple boards convene around the same time. Sometimes that alone will hold up an application past the deadline.

OneTime

I could not get a straight answer from Mr. Celestin on this, but I chose to submit mine, including my waiver, on Thursday the 18th. Intel accepted the waiver on the 19th (Friday). The following Monday (22nd), IP accepted it. Still waiting on CW to accept it.

Sugard

I could not get a straight answer from Mr. Celestin on this, but I chose to submit mine, including my waiver, on Thursday the 18th. Intel accepted the waiver on the 19th (Friday). The following Monday (22nd), IP accepted it. Still waiting on CW to accept it.
Did you call the communities directly? How do you know INTEL and IP accepted the waiver?

OneTime

Did you call the communities directly? How do you know INTEL and IP accepted the waiver?
I call Mr. Celestin directly with my questions. He doesn't always answer so I keep trying.

Once my application was submitted, I have received 3-4 individual emails from him stating when medical was accepted and when a board/community accepts my waiver.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I call Mr. Celestin directly with my questions. He doesn't always answer so I keep trying.

Once my application was submitted, I have received 3-4 individual emails from him stating when medical was accepted and when a board/community accepts my waiver.

As a heads up it's one guy handling several dozen if not more fleet applicants.

exNavyOffRec

In nearly all cases it isn't if a waiver will get approved it is when, the real test comes when the board meets and they decided to accept or not accept the waiver, and how many with waiver they will accept as they only accept those with waivers in "limited numbers".

OneTime

In nearly all cases it isn't if a waiver will get approved it is when, the real test comes when the board meets and they decided to accept or not accept the waiver, and how many with waiver they will accept as they only accept those with waivers in "limited numbers".
Can you shed some light on this. Is it likely that the CW board hasn't met yet and seen my waiver?

Intel and IP approved it within 1-2 working days, per the emails I received. I was told that I would get an email even if it was rejected by the CW board.

exNavyOffRec

Can you shed some light on this. Is it likely that the CW board hasn't met yet and seen my waiver?

Intel and IP approved it within 1-2 working days, per the emails I received. I was told that I would get an email even if it was rejected by the CW board.
It is the OCM that will give the ok on the waiver, then CNRC will give the final ok to go to board. Then when the board meets they will decide if they want to go along with the waiver.

OneTime

It is the OCM that will give the ok on the waiver, then CNRC will give the final ok to go to board. Then when the board meets they will decide if they want to go along with the waiver.
Ok, so there are three reviews/approvals for the waiver. Interesting.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Ok, so there are three reviews/approvals for the waiver. Interesting.
The OCM and CNRC are essentially an automatic yes, it is the board that really makes the decision, but when a person has a waiver and gets a "N", it could be due to the waiver issue or it could be that the waiver isn't an issue but they just have too many people with waivers and can take all of them.

OneTime

The OCM and CNRC are essentially an automatic yes, it is the board that really makes the decision, but when a person has a waiver and gets a "N", it could be due to the waiver issue or it could be that the waiver isn't an issue but they just have too many people with waivers and can take all of them.
I appreciate the reality check. I guess we'll see what happens in a few weeks.