• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IDC (IP/IW/INTEL/SWO-IDC Otion) Board

OKI_bound

In the process of submitting my package for the July boards. Do college transcripts need to be certified as "true copies." I thought I saw this somewhere, but I haven't been able to find anything. 1420.1B states "OCS, MSC IPP, and MECP require an official transcript with a raised seal from school official or registrar." I've submitted for official transcripts in the past and I've never received one with a raised seal.

dmamula

In the process of submitting my package for the July boards. Do college transcripts need to be certified as "true copies." I thought I saw this somewhere, but I haven't been able to find anything. 1420.1B states "OCS, MSC IPP, and MECP require an official transcript with a raised seal from school official or registrar." I've submitted for official transcripts in the past and I've never received one with a raised seal.

From what I have been told, they do have to be certified true copy. I don't know about the seal but I know my official transcripts do not have them either.

vladivostok391

Lieutenant, U.S. Navy

They don't necessarily have to have a raised seal - each school is different and the Navy can't make them all place seals on official copies of transcripts. However, to be an "official" copy, they MUST be sent directly from your college / university to your recruiter's office. That way, there's no possibility of someone changing / editing the transcripts in any way.

In short, don't worry about the raised seal thing - as long as they're direct from your school(s) to your recruiter, you're good.

mrdrown

My transcripts were not sent directly from my college to the recruiter. I never trusted things like that to happen smoothly. What I did hand in were sealed envelopes with official transcripts in them, and those were acceptable. Several years ago I had each of my colleges send me about 20 sealed official transcripts enveloped individually. I keep them in my desk and use them as needed so I don't ever have to request/wait/beg/rush them.

vladivostok391

Lieutenant, U.S. Navy
My transcripts were not sent directly from my college to the recruiter. I never trusted things like that to happen smoothly. What I did hand in were sealed envelopes with official transcripts in them, and those were acceptable. Several years ago I had each of my colleges send me about 20 sealed official transcripts enveloped individually. I keep them in my desk and use them as needed so I don't ever have to request/wait/beg/rush them.

Just as good as "direct" from your school - smart move on your part.

dstc

This constitutes a sealed official transcript from your university.

Attachments

• 1398864727244.jpg
    1398864727244.jpg
    877.6 KB · Views: 15

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor

Be very careful about this though! I did the same thing only to discover that the university had stamped "released to student" on the transcript before sealing it in the envelope and sending it to me. Having it say "released to student" means the Navy won't accept it.

exNavyOffRec

They don't necessarily have to have a raised seal - each school is different and the Navy can't make them all place seals on official copies of transcripts. However, to be an "official" copy, they MUST be sent directly from your college / university to your recruiter's office. That way, there's no possibility of someone changing / editing the transcripts in any way.

In short, don't worry about the raised seal thing - as long as they're direct from your school(s) to your recruiter, you're good.

Nearly all our candidates just logged in and printed them from the schools website while in our office, then we stamped them, easy.

vladivostok391

Lieutenant, U.S. Navy
Nearly all our candidates just logged in and printed them from the schools website while in our office, then we stamped them, easy.

Wow... Much less strict then what my recruiter had me follow. No big deal, all my schools sent official copies without issue, but that sounds much easier!

jagger18

I just took the OAR and scored a 56 which I am not particularily thrilled about. For IW and Intel, will I be competitive with this score, or should I look at retaking in 91 days? Again, here are the stats I am going in with. Thanks.

36 years old
active duty 7 years/ AT2
OAR: 56
B.S. Aeronautics / 3.89
M.S. Information Management / 4.0

Awards: Sailor of the Year, 3 NAM's, 1 FLOC, Arizona State University Outstanding Graduate student/leadership
award, magna cum laude

Evaluations: EP, EP, EP

LORs: O-6, O-4, E-9

Extra curricular: Habitat for Humanity, USO, elementary school tutor/mentor, 2 honor societies, MWR Treasurer, Arizona State Graduate Ambassador

I studied a lot for the OAR and got a 53 (granted I'm not a math person). I wasn't too excited but my OR seemed impressed and said my score was competitive. The guy in charge of testing told me that scores over 60 were very rare.