• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

tboyett

If anybody is in the Atlanta area and wants to get together to study/review the FAA PHAK handbook, general orders, officer ranks and uniform specifics, etc., then feel free to message me. I figure it'll help us to prepare for OCS (in hopes of being selected).

alikazmi9000

If I apply to multiple designations, but put SNA as my first, would I have a lower chance of being accepted versus just applying for SNA

tboyett

There is no reason to look at that thing right now, or anywhere in the near future

Good morning,

First of all, thank you for letting me know I am not spending my time wisely. Do you have any recommendations of topics to study or any other things to prepare for in OCS? From my understanding, I need to study general orders, naval history, and train physically. Thank you in advance for taking the time to help.

OperationChungus

pilot
Good morning,

First of all, thank you for letting me know I am not spending my time wisely. Do you have any recommendations of topics to study or any other things to prepare for in OCS? From my understanding, I need to study general orders, naval history, and train physically. Thank you in advance for taking the time to help.

I think you might be missing the point here. Not to be a negative Nancy, but carriage before the horse

An example from the 13 AUG board. He wasn't selected.

swmonroe88

pilot
I'm curious why he didn't get selected. His scores seem pretty competitive lol

Legal waiver... as far as I'm aware the only individuals from AW that didn't get selected last board had legal waivers. Some individuals with relatively low scores/GPAs (sub 50 OAR/sub 3.0) with clean records were selected.

KristenQT

Watching the results of this board will be quite interesting. There seem to be quite a few of us with some kind of “unfavorable” waiver. There are more people submitting their scores that are older with no prior service and there is only 11 weeks between August board and this board. Its also the beginning of the government financial year...

In the words of Travis Porter “Make it rain....”

On that note. 3 weeks until package deadline.

madelinebridge

My husband is applying for this board. Here are his stats.

Applying: SNA/NFO
OAR: 69
AQR: 8
PFAR: 8
FOFAR: 7
GPA: 3.7
Sex: M
B.S. in Physics, M.A. in Physics
Currently working at a well-known D.O.D. contractor
Prior Service: N

Everything is looking good except for some unfavorable waivers, so we will see how that goes! Good luck to you all and if there are any wives/girlfriends lurking around for this board, I'd love to connect :)

bigbird

Biggest Bird
Anyone on this board have the ability to check if a package is submitted? It’s not that I don’t trust my OR but it wouldn’t hurt to have peace of mind when it comes to knowing it’s actually there. I’ve seen some unfortunate scenarios where people were told that their packages were submitted just to find out it wasn’t.

Thanks in advance!