• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 STA-21 Applicants

That_1_Dud3

When did you take the SAT? They told us at the Navy College Office that it would take 8 weeks to get our results back but that just seems crazy.

I took mine in the middle of January. They told us at MY Navy college office 5 weeks and they were right. You can check the College Board site yourself and see when the scores are up.

SheTypist

Hey y'all, I lurked all of last cycle for my husband on the fy-11 thread. Not to sound like a creeper, but it's nice to see some familiar names keepin' on keepin' on. My husband's going for SWO/IP again, second year applying. Good luck everyone!

Soup84

Prior AM2, FY-12 Pilot Select, Commissioned Dec 12
Sorry to hear you guys are feeling the pinch, but the people who help put on NSI change so often that there really isn't a set way to deal with it. Some years the senior enlisted were pretty laid back; no RDC's to speak of. The LT. in charge was a high standards guy, but he was there to get you ready to be an officer. Talking with more senior STA-21 people, their time up at Newport was a joke; Cell-phones were not to be seen or heard, but... People brought laptop computers and again, it was an out-of-sight-out-of-mind thing. My NSI class had different Chiefs in charge than the summer NSI class behind us. Personally, I believe that NSI is one of those after-thoughts that OTC has around late January time frame. Some LT or LCDR gets stuck with running the program for half the year, then everything kinda crumbles and disintegrates before it has to be reinvented for the next year. It is almost like a collateral duty it seems.

It is what it is for your class, and your class only.

Smile, it will be done before you know it and you will be laughing about it in a few months.

Thanks for setting things straight. I'm in the current class also. We never actually lost our cell phones. They just told us to put them away. It was MILDLY difficult for the first couple weeks. Nothing serious. We have no RDC. That's a Recruit Division Commander. We have a Class LCPO. It got only a little more difficult cause we had some students fighting. Laptops and other electronics are allowed also. We've had two or three uniform inspections and they were by all by other students. Room inspections are done while we're at lunch. You just have to come back and fix stuff. Don't really feel like writing more..... it's not hard.

pilot_hopeful20

There really isn't one thing the board focuses on. Its a big picture of a candidate. They use a point system, and depending on things like warfare qualifications, evals, college credits, SAT/ACT scores = ensign or not. College credits and break out extra duties are key to standing out. Good Luck.

will it look good if i have done NCPACE? That is what i've had available being on a ship.

pilot_hopeful20

Hey y'all, I lurked all of last cycle for my husband on the fy-11 thread. Not to sound like a creeper, but it's nice to see some familiar names keepin' on keepin' on. My husband's going for SWO/IP again, second year applying. Good luck everyone!

if you don't mind me asking. why was he denied last time?

pilot_hopeful20

Does anyone know what happens if theres a gap between NSI and starting school. say you are done with NSI in march but you don't start school until Aug do you go back to your previous command or what do you do?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
If you finish NSI in March, you are supposed to start school during the summer semester. If you don't start school, you are still going to leave Newport, report to your ROTC unit, and then have to explain why you are sitting the semester out.

pilot_hopeful20

If you finish NSI in March, you are supposed to start school during the summer semester. If you don't start school, you are still going to leave Newport, report to your ROTC unit, and then have to explain why you are sitting the semester out.

alright thank you. and would your 36 months start when you start your first semester or when you report to your rotc unit?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
when you report to your ROTC unit. I really don't think they're even gonna let you sit the semester out. Besides, why the hell would you want to?

haubby

None
Contributor
Does anyone know what happens if theres a gap between NSI and starting school. say you are done with NSI in march but you don't start school until Aug do you go back to your previous command or what do you do?

You will have a very small amount of time off but your clock will start when the summer semester starts. That means you are required to take classes over the summer (at least six credits). You most likely will register for summer/fall classes during NSI.

pilot_hopeful20

when you report to your ROTC unit. I really don't think they're even gonna let you sit the semester out. Besides, why the hell would you want to?

i don't want to i just read some where that it could happen so i was wondering what would happen i would rather go to school and get started.

pilot_hopeful20

You will have a very small amount of time off but your clock will start when the summer semester starts. That means you are required to take classes over the summer (at least six credits). You most likely will register for summer/fall classes during NSI.

thank you that is what i was wondering. just some more knowlegde haha thanks haubby