• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 STA-21 Applicants

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Hopefully the amount of people picked up increases this year, or at least stays the same as last year. I have been reading these forums for about seven months now. I look forward to joining the group and putting in a package this year.

chk13

I am still trying to recover from last years extremely disappointing numbers and now I have another delima. I became "out of my window and therefore placed at the needs of the navy" for orders. So it looks like they are sending me to Little Creek for mobile comms support for the SEALs. The screening package I am putting in for the orders (which sound really cool and I would like to get approved) asks that if i have any desire to gain a commission I must put them on hold for at least a year after I report. Delima. I would be leaving here (Pensacola) around Mar/Apr time period to go to SERE and then on to my command. Am I willing to wait another year and edge that much closer to the age limit or get a package out before I report. My command is willing to run my boards early (Feb) and its up to me to get my package together (not hard since it pretty much already is) and get it sent off. But this back door stuff on my potentially new command does not sit well with me. I know it comes down to what i want most. Any insight from out there would be great. Another fear I have is that because of the horrible numbers for FY11, that the numbers will jump for FY12 (possibly higher than the norm). I know this post is all over the place, so I would not mind hearing some thoughts from out there.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
So here is a question. The STA-21 website, under program options for NFO, begins with this blurb...

"While STA-21 will continue to provide the opportunity for Naval Flight Officer (NFO) designation as well as other URL designators, graduates of STA-21 NFO Option will be designated solely as Student Naval Flight Officer (SNFO) (Designator 1370)."

What exactly does this mean? Is this a difference from NFO's who come in through OCS?

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
So here is a question. The STA-21 website, under program options for NFO, begins with this blurb...

"While STA-21 will continue to provide the opportunity for Naval Flight Officer (NFO) designation as well as other URL designators, graduates of STA-21 NFO Option will be designated solely as Student Naval Flight Officer (SNFO) (Designator 1370)."

What exactly does this mean? Is this a difference from NFO's who come in through OCS?

Until you earn your wings (finish flight school) you will be considered a student whatever... SNA or SNFO

The OCS guys/gals also are considered the same until actually wearing their wings.

omararw

FY-12 Pilot Ready to fly Navy!
I am still trying to recover from last years extremely disappointing numbers and now I have another delima. I became "out of my window and therefore placed at the needs of the navy" for orders. So it looks like they are sending me to Little Creek for mobile comms support for the SEALs. The screening package I am putting in for the orders (which sound really cool and I would like to get approved) asks that if i have any desire to gain a commission I must put them on hold for at least a year after I report. Delima. I would be leaving here (Pensacola) around Mar/Apr time period to go to SERE and then on to my command. Am I willing to wait another year and edge that much closer to the age limit or get a package out before I report. My command is willing to run my boards early (Feb) and its up to me to get my package together (not hard since it pretty much already is) and get it sent off. But this back door stuff on my potentially new command does not sit well with me. I know it comes down to what i want most. Any insight from out there would be great. Another fear I have is that because of the horrible numbers for FY11, that the numbers will jump for FY12 (possibly higher than the norm). I know this post is all over the place, so I would not mind hearing some thoughts from out there.

because you where "giving" the orders the new command should support you, if not I would getthe package as strong as possible and have your current command's support... you will need a CO letter no matter what. As far as I knew you had to put in for orders to special programs; if that is the case you must chose which is more important to you.

Best of luck
R.W. O'Mara

Soup84

Prior AM2, FY-12 Pilot Select, Commissioned Dec 12
I made pilot my first time up. Some info from my package is below
AM2(AW) Eric Campbell
-Eval - EP, EP, MP, MP, MP
-ACT - 26 Math and 28 English (took it twice)
-ASTB - 5 AQR and 6 PFAR
-HS GPA - 2.4
-College GPA and # of credits:
-CVCC - 1.25 GPA with 12 credits
-CTC (NPACE) - 4.0 GPA with 6 credits
-ATI - 3.73 GPA with 67 credits (non-transerable credits; techical college)
-TCC - 4.0 GPA with 26 credits
-PFA - Waived, Excellent Low, Excellent Medium
-Awards, LORs and other - Five LORS (2 Capts, 1 CDR, 1 LCDR and one from my math professor, Dr. McKaig) : Degree breakdown from ODU : LOC from top of class in "C" school.

If you want any advice or want me to proof read any of your documents, please email me at my navy account, eric.m.campbell2@navy.mil

Good luck!!!!!

Mpower1999

killer boots man!
Hey guys...good luck to all. This will be my second year applying. I applied for pilot last time and made ALT core. I decided not to try to get picked up as ALT because I feel my chances for pilot are better if I just wait for FY 12. I had a very strong package just the numbers for FY11 were really bad. Also, I had a chance to view a couple of packages from people who were picked up one for core option and one for NFO and I know my package was better, but last year was my 1st year applying and their 2nd or 3rd. So, for anyone else discouraged by last year don't worry, they might just be looking for you to apply again. Again, good luck to all and if you havent started working on your package...i.e. personal statement, CO recommendation, records, ect. START

SubmarineWife

Good Luck!

Just a wife here checking in. Good luck to all with the FY-12 selection. My husband was picked up for FY-08 and FY-09 (med NFO disqual in -08). He was just commissioned as a Submarine Nuclear Officer about 10 days ago (picked up as Core in -09).

Wanted to do a plug for NC State for when it comes time to pick schools. They are an extremely military-friendly school. Although there is nothing nearby for military folks, if you're willing to live like a civillian, the command is wonderful, the education is top-notch and everyone is very supportive.

Get your packages together EARLY and make sure that they are pristine. The program is great.

Good luck to everyone!

timothy.crowley

Do any of you know if you should put your college credit and navy college credit (credit earned through A/C School) on the online application?

oceanwaiting

FY-11 Core
Do any of you know if you should put your college credit and navy college credit (credit earned through A/C School) on the online application?

put the credits that you can produce on an actual college transcript, not just because your SMART says it's ACE accredited, unless you actually had your college evaluate and approve what's on your SMART.

mcaaron222

I will be applying for FY12, in the process of getting all the loose ends lined up and in order. I missed the last cycle trying to PCS back to the states from Japan, kinda bummed about that but looking forward to this year.