• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 STA-21 Applicants

NatBull

I wasn't going to apply again this year, but my COC informed me that waiting around to make Chief wasn't an option. I guess I am going to submit my package again this year and hope for the best. I would rather have bars then anchors anyway. I just don't know about dealing with the disappointment again.
CHK13 good luck again this year...great to see you back on here. Hope everything works out for you.

That_1_Dud3

I made pilot my first time up. Some info from my package is below
AM2(AW) Eric Campbell
-Eval - EP, EP, MP, MP, MP
-ACT - 26 Math and 28 English (took it twice)
-ASTB - 5 AQR and 6 PFAR
-HS GPA - 2.4
-College GPA and # of credits:
-CVCC - 1.25 GPA with 12 credits
-CTC (NPACE) - 4.0 GPA with 6 credits
-ATI - 3.73 GPA with 67 credits (non-transerable credits; techical college)
-TCC - 4.0 GPA with 26 credits
-PFA - Waived, Excellent Low, Excellent Medium
-Awards, LORs and other - Five LORS (2 Capts, 1 CDR, 1 LCDR and one from my math professor, Dr. McKaig) : Degree breakdown from ODU : LOC from top of class in "C" school.

If you want any advice or want me to proof read any of your documents, please email me at my navy account, eric.m.campbell2@navy.mil

Good luck!!!!!

I have been wanting to go STA-21 for a while and am going to finally put in my package for this year. Thanks for the help AM2! Do those LORs really carry a lot of weight?

chk13

Thanks NATBULL. Glad you are reapplying! You are right. Although I respect the anchor, I too would rather have bars.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
Happy New Years everyone! Good to see some familar tags, Nat and Charlie. To everyone else, welcome. Just pulled last years package off the shelf. Time to start adding some stuff to it, make some new copies, and get the ball rolling. If anyone needs some help, let me know. Good Luck and see you around the forum.

-CP

Beefalo

Have a question about PRK surgery. If I get it ASAP and wait the 6 month period for the waiver...is it 6 months from the time the packages are due to the board or 6 months from when you get selected and they issue you your PCS orders to NSI?

If its the former I wont be able to put one in for SNA. By the this time next year though I should have my degree but im dancing close to the age cut-off.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
Have a question about PRK surgery. If I get it ASAP and wait the 6 month period for the waiver...is it 6 months from the time the packages are due to the board or 6 months from when you get selected and they issue you your PCS orders to NSI?

If its the former I wont be able to put one in for SNA. By the this time next year though I should have my degree but im dancing close to the age cut-off.

I would call NOMI and OD2 and get both of there answers, and I would get the surgery YESTERDAY. No time like the present!

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
LOR's

Here a few questions about Letters of Recommendations. What is a good number of LOR's? Also, what should a LOR specifically state? I have an officer who said that he will write one for me. He asked me to let him know what some of the current trends are. Any suggestions out there?

CoKoBean

Hopefully this is not just a STA_21 rumor, but my husband is currently in STA-21 and he heard this morning at muster that the enlisted commissioning budget has been cut in half, and they only expect to select ~60 applicants for STA-21 this upcoming cycle. I'm not saying that to be a downer, but just keep working on your package and try not to get too down if this isn't the year, b/c of the numbers. It really stinks! :-(

PS My hubby made it on his 2nd try. Keep trying!

omararw

FY-12 Pilot Ready to fly Navy!
Lor help

Can any one send me samples of LOR, to help out my High School Coach... I also need to draft one for an Officer, so they can revise it to there liking. Thanks for your time, and good luck.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
Can any one send me samples of LOR, to help out my High School Coach... I also need to draft one for an Officer, so they can revise it to there liking. Thanks for your time, and good luck.

O,
PM me your email address and i will send you a LOR from last year that I had. Its short and sweet and to the point.

CP

dansponz

Hey Everyone,

So I have an issue that you guys may be able to help with. I'm looking for ways to break out from my peers but I'm having a hard time during my ship's extended inport period (going on 9 months without sea time now). I'm a CTT and as such I don't really have a job when I'm not underway. This has made it really hard to distinguish myself with my new CO and Department Head who I have yet to go underway with (they can't really evaluate my performance if I haven't had a chance to truly preform). I've taken a lot of opportunities for higher level positions. As it is now I'm my ship's Collateral Duty Intelligence Officer, Acting Electronic Warfare Officer, and Ship's Security Manager. I'm also trying to get enrolled in a Calculus class to prove academic potential (my high school record wasn't so hot and I got dropped from the Arabic program at DLI after a year but I graduated at the top of my CTT schools). I really need to break out since this is my 3rd time applying to the program. Any advice?