• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 and FY13 ACCP (Bonus) News

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I'm going to go with the homeless guy approach, with cardboard sign outside the airport: "Will fly for food....and pay...and health benefits...and 401k."

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll trade the boxes in the back that probably still don't work, tube rats, and NFOs for a C-40 slot any day.
Because the entire NFO community is useless and knows nothing about aviation that your enlightened, single-anchorness can't solve.

I've been on both sides of the aisle. Choke yourself.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Because the entire NFO community is useless and knows nothing about aviation that your enlightened, single-anchorness can't solve.

I'll trade the boxes in the back that probably still don't work, tube rats, and NFOs for a C-40 slot any day.
Actually I don't think scoolbubba is anti-NFO, I think he is sick of VP/active duty and wants to trade it in for a reserve 737 gig flying rubber dogshit to exotic places.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor

Wow. Butt hurt much? Hal nailed it.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
To be fair, you and I traded two of ours for an APU and a battery :)

Full disclosure: I love NFO's. I married one.

Didn't you guys have to throw a radio in to that deal, too?

The good ones in my community are worth their weight in gold.

The shitty ones, though? I'd rather just have the 200 pounds of gas and the quiet ICS.

I did bring back making my NAV brief the approach and handle radio calls to ATC. So much win.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I see where you're coming from. I'm just interested to see if They think that people who are currently not going to transition to P-8 in the near future are going to be more likely to get out, and conversely think that those who've transitioned are more likely to stay in, thus affecting how much They want to pay people.

The people who will be getting out soon won't likely let a P-8 transition drive their decision. Mostly it's been the community mentality and management, and not the actual aircraft platform that has driven people away from VP (Word on the street is community leadership is actually afraid all the people they extended in the fleet and FRS tours to be P-8 IPs will bail off of their shore tour when their commitment is up). IMO, the bonus level for VP pilots is a kind of awaste. At that level, they're mostly going to get guys who were planning on staying in anyways regardless of the extra $17.80/day (after taxes) and cause people who are on the fence, and would have stayed for a larger bonus, to bail. After CPRG and his aide were saying publicly that a $35k/yr bonus was what was being proposed and sent up for approval there was a lot of hype built up for this bonus announcement, and a lot of guys decided that they'd stay around for that amount of money. Now that the bonus message has been released there isn't any talk of taking the bonus from guys other then those who said they were staying in regardless. According to the detailer, they're forecasting shortages in SG 05-09/10 for DH. It will be interesting how another year of record low bonus take rates will play into community manning. Last year the community resorted to "OPT IN for the DH board or resign", which surprised people and probably forced a few to stay who had been planning to OPT OUT but didn't have a contingency plan. The community also refused to let a few people who had taken the bonus pay it back to resign as they had been able to in years past. Now that people know that these responses are possible they may be taking them into account in their decision making/contingency planning so hardball from PERS-43 may not have the same value that it did in the past.

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin
Mostly it's been the community mentality and management, and not the actual aircraft platform that has driven people away from VP.

It's surely one of the main things that drove me away...I enjoyed the platform.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
You're a lover…not a hater. :)

I make the NAVs who suck on the radios talking to the ships practice by talking to ATC. I already know how to talk on the radios, surprisingly, some of our NAVIGATOR/COMMUNICATORs can neither Navigate OR Communicate.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I make the NAVs who suck on the radios talking to the ships practice by talking to ATC. I already know how to talk on the radios, surprisingly, some of our NAVIGATOR/COMMUNICATORs can neither Navigate OR Communicate.

Wait, so you're telling me it's not advisable to start every radio transmission with, "Aaaaaaand, be adviiiiiised, at this time we are currently....." :D

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Wait, so you're telling me it's not advisable to start every radio transmission with, "Aaaaaaand, be adviiiiiised, at this time we are currently....." :D

Unless you are going to ask a question, then be sure to use "interrogative" to complete the craptastic quadruple of buffoonerous comm......

Tango Yankee, by the way.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor

If I could reach through the radio and punch someone the first time they say any of those, and murder them the second time, there would be so much blood. So much.

Pet peeve.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
If I could reach through the radio and punch someone the first time they say any of those, and murder them the second time, there would be so much blood. So much.

Pet peeve.

Says the guy who probably checks in "Out of 10 point 5 for 2"...

Don't know that of course, rampant speculation. ;)

Let he who is without radio sin among you cast the first stone.