• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

datadrums

Yup that's what I meant, mbstroz. My work doesn't spring for some of the Microsoft Certs but that's great that you got it taken care of! I applied last March and was not selected. I am trying to get a few more items under my belt before I apply again. Best of luck to all of those that apply this board.

My current company bought me a few vouchers for MS certs when I was hired on. So I have been studying and taking tests. Yes I am working with LT Harper. He is currently on medical leave though.

ajsd34

das or anyone I am going for my first interview and panel during the first week of Aug and if you or anyone could give me some advice on what to expect during the interview? I have been through a lot of Civilian interviews but know there is a difference.

cdb26

Hi all...can anyone here tell me whether they've heard from their recruiters about a Letter of Reconsideration being required? I have asked my recruiter several times and he has assured me that no such Letter is required given the fact that the Boards are at least 6 months apart...is this the same thing you all have been hearing? Thanks!

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
From 1131.2
050308. RECONSIDERATION REQUESTS

a. Any officer program applicant who has been non-selected may request reconsideration of their application by submitting such request in writing to COMNAVCRUITCOM (N36).

b. If the request for reconsideration is submitted within six months of official notification of non-selection, the following information must be included:

(1) A new Application Processing and Summary Record (NAVCRUIT 1131/1), with the “Reconsideration” block marked appropriately.

(2) Applicant’s request for reconsideration, including a letter from the applicant stating the reason he/she should be reconsidered for selection. The reconsideration letter must be signed and dated by the applicant.

(3) Any new or updated information including, but not limited to transcripts, interviews and references.

(4) The field OPL/OP shall make changes to the original CIRIMS record. A CIRIMS Action Request shall be completed by the field OPL/OP and forwarded to COMNAVCRUITCOM (N36) whenrequesting any changes in designator, recruiter’s SSN, FY, etc.

c. Applications will not be reconsidered for the same program within six (6) months of non-selection unless new information is submitted that indicates the applicant is better qualified than when previously non-selected or unless changes occur within the requested program’s status (i.e., requested program was previously closed and re-opens).

If it has been more than 6 months then you don't but if it is within 6 months you do.

das

Contributor
I can tell you that I was a non select at the SEP09 board, and I applied again at the MAR10 board without a letter of reconsideration, and my package was considered. I was also a non select at the MAR10 board and was told I would need a letter of reconsideration at the SEP10 board. I wondered whether I really needed one, but figured that it's not going to harm my package to have too much documentation. I also see it as an opportunity to provide a personal narrative for the positive changes in your package.

I can tell you this: the March and September IDC boards are indeed 6 months apart, more or less. But the relevant CNRC instruction says that a letter of reconsideration must be submitted if there is less than six months between your notification of non-select (which I presume would be seen as the date on the results letter) and the date the next board convenes. In the case of the IDC boards, this could be slightly less than 6 months. I don't know if the board really cares, and clearly they didn't for me in one case.

In any event, here's the instruction:

See COMNAVCRUITCOMINST 1131.2D, Chapter 5, Reserve Officer Programs Processing:

RECONSIDERATION REQUESTS

Any officer program applicant who has been non-selected may request reconsideration of their application by submitting a request in writing to NAVCRUITCOM (N315). If the request for reconsideration is submitted within six months of official notification of non-selection, the following information must be included:

(1) A new Application Processing and Summary Record (NAVCRUIT 1131/1), with the “Reconsideration” block marked appropriately.

(2) Applicant’s request for reconsideration, including a letter from the applicant stating the reason he/she should be reconsidered for selection. The reconsideration letter must be signed and dated by the applicant.

(3) Any new or updated information including, but not limited to transcripts, interviews and references.

(4) The OPL/OP will update the OTools record.

Applications will not be reconsidered for the same program within six (6) months of non-selection unless new information is submitted that indicates the applicant is better qualified than when previously non-selected or unless changes occur within the requested program’s status (i.e., requested program was previously closed and re-opens).

Note: If more than six months have elapsed since official notification of non-selection, a new application and interviews must be submitted. Original employment references and letters from previous employers need not be replaced. Only references from a new employer are required.

cdb26

Thanks Mbstroz and Das! You confirmed my suspicions...Das, do you know when the September Board is convening? I heard rumblings about it being the 21st but am not 100% sure. Btw, do you know an ENS Mark Koneda by any chance?

das

Contributor
Thanks Mbstroz and Das! You confirmed my suspicions...Das, do you know when the September Board is convening? I heard rumblings about it being the 21st but am not 100% sure. Btw, do you know an ENS Mark Koneda by any chance?

The board actually convenes on 19SEP11, and could last through the 21st or 22nd. That name doesn't ring a bell...

cdb26

Are any of you planning to include a Letter of Reconsideration? Yes, I agree that it's unlikely that we need one, but can it really hurt? I don't think so...the patience factor is key to these things. I hope it works out for all of us.